This class of user is exclusively for non-profit organizations as listed and defined below. This class of user will be charged a nominal facility rental fee and any personnel costs incurred by the District.
- Federal, State and Local Governmental Units for which reciprocal agreements have been executed.
- Volunteer groups conducting activities for school-age children, who pay no fees to participate in the activity occurring on district premises. The persons conducting the activity are all volunteers, deriving no personal financial benefit.(i.e. Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts of America, Campfire, Little League, Pop Warner, etc.).
- Parent – Teacher – Student Organizations (Including Booster Groups)
This class of user is for non-profit organizations ( (with proof of letter of determination indicating a 501C status approved by the IRS) whose academic or recreational activities directly serve school-age students. This class of user will be charged a minimal facility rental fee, personnel and other out-of-pocket costs incurred by the District.
- Non-profit Youth Organizations, to include those not meeting the volunteer group criteria listed in Class I above (Boys/Girls Club, YMCA, Community sports leagues).
- Partnerships mutually beneficial to the District and the organization.
- AIA activities not involving District Teams.
This class of user is for non-profit organizations that do not meet the Class I or II definition. This class of user will be charged a reasonable use fee for the facility, personnel and other out-of-pocket costs incurred by the District.
- Federal, State and Local Governmental Units, or elected officials when conducting community or official business within the district for which no reciprocal agreements have been executed.
- Institutions of Higher Learning or District Departments conducting staff development, in-service or other job-related training classes to the general public.
- Organizations that are normally housed in their own facilities, such as church groups, are able to use district facilities only on an interim basis. These circumstances require that a permit be renewed every six (6) months, with a maximum of three (3) renewals.
- Non-profit adult civic organizations (Rotary, Kiwanis, Jaycees, Lions etc.).
- Homeowners Associations
This class of user is for all organizations not meeting the definitions of the other classifications. Any activity of a profit-making organization conducted for the purpose of donating profits or proceeds to the District or to a public charity does not change the rental fee rate from this schedule.
- Any commercial or profit-making organizations or individuals, regardless of the purpose for their use of facilities.
- Charter Schools.
This category of user is exempt from facility fees, but subject to all out of pocket costs incurred by the District. Groups included but not limited to:
- District-sponsored staff and student groups or clubs.
- District-sponsored school teams.
- District-approved camps/clinics.
- Teacher organizations and Site Councils
- District Departments conducting staff development, in-service or other job-related training classes for District personnel and at the request of a District administrator.
- IGA (Intergovernmental Agreements sanctioned by TUHSD Governing Board and signed by the board’s designee.
- AIA league, region and state activities that involve District teams.
- Professional development programs for employees of TUHSD
- District sponsored AMEA/ABODA organizations – State Music organizations in which district students are involved.