Tempe Union Online Learning
Registration is closed.
Tempe Union High School District brings a higher standard of distance learning education to students and families. The basic core program in grades 9-12 has high-quality, interactive online semester courses taught by certified teachers.
Our distance learning program provides multimedia-rich curriculum aligning to state and national standards, as well as numerous online tools for both parents and students.The Tempe Union High School District offers online courses that can be taken by any high school student, anywhere, at any time from a computer with high-speed Internet access.
Online Student Profile
- Easy access to a computer with an Internet connection
- Good reading comprehension skills: Online courses require more reading than traditional face-to-face courses.
- Good written communication skills: Students will be required to share personal experiences on a bulletin board/online forum regularly.
- Self-Discipline: The student needs to keep up with the pace of the course, stay on task, and resist distractions such as TV, YouTube, telephone, texting, etc.
- Self-motivation: The student must be able to work without the need for someone to monitor their daily progress. Procrastination is dangerous. It is hard to catch up on an online course once you get behind.
- At least one hour per day to spend on the course: Online learning is often more difficult than attending a face-to-face class in a traditional setting.
- Self-Advocating: Students need to be able to seek out the help they may need through email, phone, etc.
Mesa Distance Learning Program (MDLP)
- MDLP courses are available to any TUHSD student.
- Students may enroll in MDLP courses at any time by meeting with their school counselor.
- All senior students must complete their course work, including their final exam, by the first week of May.
- Most MDLP courses meet NCAA Clearinghouse requirements for our student‐athletes. Check specifics with the school counselor.
Eligibility & Tuition
- The program is open to any TUHSD student.
- The curriculum is designed for grades 9-12.
- Tuition is $175 per 0.5 credits.
- There is a $30.00 processing fee for any refunds requested. Fees of $30 or less are non-refundable. Requests for refunds for online courses must be made within the first ten (10) days following registration. Refunds are only made to the individual making the original payment. Requests must be accompanied by an original receipt. Refund checks are mailed within four to six (4 to 6) weeks of receipt of the request in the District Business Office. All refunds requests must be made to the TUHSD District Office.
Interested students currently enrolled in TUHSD should see their guidance counselor for information about registering in an online course.