Tempe Union Online
Online Courses in Progress
A. Tempe Union Online classes that students began prior to March 6, 2020, are still active in Schoology. This includes Evening School classes.
- Students are encouraged to continue to work on these courses, and now have access to all course content, quizzes, and tests, which can all be completed online at home.
- Moving forward, we are working to determine the process for students to take Final Exams for these courses and will communicate this to students and parents as soon as a procedure is decided upon.
- If you are unable to access or need a quiz reset, please reach out to your Online Teacher or Jess Portillo, email@example.com.
Information on FINAL Exams in Online Classes:
We hope you are doing well in these interesting times, and commend you on continuing to work diligently in your online classes. Due to our school closure, we would like to communicate the process for taking your Final Exam online:
- Students will schedule their Final Exam with their course instructor at least 48 hours in advance, once they have completed all course assignments and tests with a grade of 60% or better.
- Once the exam is scheduled, teachers will send the student an invite with a Google Hangouts link to log into on the test date/time.
- On the date/time of testing, the student will log on to Google Hangouts with the teacher.
- Once the student and teacher are logged on, the teacher will open the final exam for the student to complete.
- The student must leave their camera on for the teacher to monitor them while they are testing.
- The student will have 2 hours to complete the test after which time the teacher will relock the test.
- Students will have two chances to take the test, but they must wait 24 hours before taking the second test.
In addition, we are waiving the 60% or better requirement for the final exam; therefore, students who score below 60% can still pass the course provided their overall grade in the course is 60% or better. Please note that students who do not complete their course and a final exam by June 30, 2020, will be given an F in the course. Students, with extenuating circumstances, who have concerns about being able to complete the course and exam prior to June 30, 2020, should contact the Director, Stephaine Frimer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Tempe Union High School District’s Tempe Union Online (TUOL) program offers students online learning opportunities to provide flexibility for personalized student success. Students work with their teachers in a virtual online environment to study and complete all coursework at their own pace in an asynchronous learning environment.
TUOL students receive one-on-one instructional support and tutoring from highly qualified, certified teachers. Students also have access to Online Learning Labs at every Tempe Union campus where computers are available for student use in a supervised classroom lab setting. Final exams for all courses must be taken in person at a designated district location and will be proctored by district assigned staff. All courses are aligned to the Arizona Standards and curriculum standards of the District.
To register for a Tempe Union Online, (TUOL) course:
- Complete and submit a signed Registration Form to the guidance counselor. The parent and counselor must sign the registration form.
- Pay for the course at the home school's bookstore (if applicable).
- Complete and sign the Tempe Union Online, (TUOL) Statement of Awareness.
- Complete the TUOL Full Time Equivalency Form.
- Complete the TUOL NCAA Guidelines (if applicable).
- Complete the TUOL Online Orientation (preferably with a parent).
Tuition and Fees
There is no tuition charged for online courses taken as a part of the regular course load (part of a student's 6-period day). The following tuition is applicable for students taking online courses outside of the regular school day and for out-of-district students who are not enrolled in a Tempe Union High School.
- $175 per HALF credit course.
- $30 fee on all refunds.
- Students may apply for tuition assistance from our Student Assistance Fund. The school counselor will assist by completing the Student Assistance Form. All requests must be approved by the school’s APA.
Tempe Union Online Contacts
Dr. Stephaine FrimerTUOL Coordinator(480) 839-0292 ext.12071Jessica PortilloTUOL Administrative Assistant(480) 839-0292 x12016