Parent Workshops & Events
Please check back for workshops and events. We will post information here throughout the school year as they become available.
2021 Virtual HBCU College Fair!
MARICOPA COUNCIL ON BLACK AMERICAN AFFAIRS HOSTS THE PHOENIX AKARAMA FOUNDATION AND ALPHA KAPPA ALPHA SORORITY INC. DELTA BETA OMEGA CHAPTER
HBCUs: A Stellar Shot at Success | Breaking the Glass Ceiling: The HBCU Exploration Montage, Workshops, Speakers, Performances, Virtual Backpack, Passport, Certificate of Participation, Surprises, HBCU Bookships
AZ Three Public In-State College Night
Join our three in-state public universities to learn more about their unique admission process, programs, colleges, financial aid, scholarships, and more!
- September 28, 2021
- 6 PM
- Hosted at McClintock High School | 1830 E. Del Rio Dr. Tempe, AZ 85282
- AZ Three Public In-State College Night flyer - PDF
- Register here
Virtual Blood Pressure Workshop — in Spanish!
Be sure to take advantage of the community education webinar, in Spanish, coming up to help raise awareness about blood pressure! The webinar will take place Wednesday, September 29, 2021, at 11:30 AM, so be sure to use the link below to register today!
- Wednesday, September 29, 2021
- 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Zoom Webinar- requires registration
- Registration link here!
We are recruiting family/parent volunteers for the Family Advisory Council to the Superintendent (FACS)!
(FACS) provides input on ways to improve communication and parent engagement at the district and local school level and also provides family/parent advocacy trainings to support student learning.
- Please see our TUHSD Newsroom article here for detailed information about FACS!
- Family Advisory Council to the Superintendent Application Form - PDF
- Application submission due October 1, 2021
Mountain Park Health Center Offers Vaccinations
- All 16-18 years old
- Call Mountian Park Health Center at (602) 243-7277 for more information
- Go to https://mountainparkhealth.org to see if you qualify
- Mountain Park Health Center flyer PDF - English & Spanish
Teen Triple P Discussion Groups!
Teen Triple P Discussion Groups are now offered by Tempe Community Council! Traditionally, Teen Triple P Discussion Groups are a series of in-person parent discussions on commonly encountered problems to facilitate the discussion of positive parenting principles and host topic-specific discussions.
We know parenting during a global pandemic sometimes feels impossible. To provide support for parents of teenagers during these uncertain times, Online Teen Triple P Drop-In Discussion Groups will be held weekly on Thursday evenings from 7:30– 8:30 pm, and you can attend whichever sessions are most convenient for you. We do recommend pre-registering for a discussion to be notified of any changes.
- To register for an online discussion drop-in visit this weblink
- City of Tempe weblink: https://www.tempe.gov/
government/human-services/ family-community-support/ family-community-support- resources/triple-p/parent- support-during-covid-19
- To join the Teen Triple P offered by the Tempe Community Council Facebook group here - weblink.
- Lastly, a weblink to the Parenting in a Pandemic podcast from Triple P founder, Dr. Matt Sanders.