MP Tutoring & Hours
Mountain Pointe offers in-person tutoring on campus, courtesy of Access ASU & AZ R3. For in-person tutoring, appointments are preferred but walk-ins are accepted. See schedules below.
- Students must report to C105B to sign in and schedule an appointment.
Day During School (Walk-ins) After School Monday Both Lunches By Appointment Tuesday Both Lunches By Appointment Wednesday Both Lunches By Appointment Thursday Both Lunches By Appointment Friday Both Lunches By appointment
MP Tutoring Academic Support — Teacher Office Hours & Access ASU/ AZ R3 Tutoring Program
ACCESS ASU/ AZ R3 TUTORING PROGRAM
AZ R3 Overview: The AZ R3 (Ready, Resilience & Results) is an ASU grant-funded program, providing schools within the Tempe and Tempe Union High School District with a student-success model through tutoring support. The grant focus is 9th-grade academic support in Math, Science, and English and 12th-grade college and career readiness prep (post-secondary education exploration). Even though the grant focus is 9th and 12th graders, tutors can still academically support grades 9-12. Tutors will be on campus and available M-F between our school hours.
Areas of Support:
- Academic support for large class sizes
- Support classes with lower overall passing rates
- Staff referrals for students needing improvement in 50% or more of their course schedule
- Provide academic support for student athlete AIA eligibility
- Includes athletic study hall tables
- First-year-teacher classroom (push-in) support