Mission, Vision, Values & Commitments
"Inspiring Purpose, Pride, and Performance in EVERY student"
Our VisionMountain Pointe High School will:
- have High Levels of Learning for all students through High Performing Professional Learning Communities.
- have a Safe and Welcoming Community that attends to the social and emotional needs of our students and staff.
- have a culture in which students and staff are Connected to School and Community.
“We demonstrate dedication, determination, and personal responsibility in pursuit of our goals and dreams.”
“We celebrate the integrity and worth of each individual and esteem the diverse cultures, talents, and skills that each individual brings to our community.”
“We foster and reward new, creative, and imaginative approaches and ideas.
- Dedication to Life Long Learning:
“We emphasize learning as essential for continuously expanding horizons and achieving dreams.”
“We seek to be the best we can be in all aspects of the Mountain Pointe experience.”
Connected to School and Community
- celebrating student and staff success (Excellence)
- guiding each student in the transition to high school, through high school, and beyond high school (Perseverance)
- promoting extra-curricular leadership among students and staff by providing a diverse selection of opportunities that will enrich/support relevant academic connections (Dedication to lifelong learning)
- prioritizing philanthropic leadership
- in extra-curricular programming to maintain community partnerships (Respect)
Safe and Welcoming Community
- fostering positive character and accountability that values individuality (Respect)
- developing positive relationships with/ among students/staff by treating each other with dignity and respect (Respect)
- providing support through the use of support groups, individual counseling, peer mediation, and Response Counselor of the Day (Dedication to Lifelong Learning)
- holding students accountable for their academic and behavioral success (Excellence)
- providing student incentives for positive behavior choices through PBIS strategies (Respect)
High Levels of Learning through High Performing Professional Communities
- implementing research-based instructional strategies (Innovation)
- adhering to the district-approved scope and sequence (Excellence)
- having staff work in a collaborative environment (Dedicated to Lifelong Learning)
- using the Instructional Cycle to enhance student learning (Innovation)
- incorporating the components of the Formative Assessment Process into daily instruction (Excellence)
- increasing rigor in every class through the use of Webb’s Depth of Knowledge strategies (Perseverance)
- honoring classroom instruction time by minimizing interruptions in order to maximize student learning (Respect)
- providing intervention and enrichment for all students (Perseverance)