Dual Enrollment Program
Dual Enrollment registration deadline at Rio Salado has been extended to September 20, 2021.
Dual Enrollment courses allow high school students the ability to earn college credit and high school credit simultaneously.But that's not the only benefit to dual enrollment:
- Easy transfer to many universities
- Save money
- Finish college faster
- Eliminate duplication of coursework during the early years of college
- Teachers are dual enrollment certified
Additional Dual Enrollment ResourcesAZTransfer: www.aztransfer.com AZTransfer is a statewide collaboration that helps students navigate their higher education options within Arizona.
AZTransfer provides high school students with a step-by-step guide, dual enrollment courses, pick a university and Major Guides.
CdS & Rio Salado Dual Enrollment Contacts & Resources
Visit the Rio Salado Dual Enrollment webpage for more information!Leah FlemingDawn Schmidt
Dual Enrollment CounselorsFor advisement (class choices, degrees, etc) students will see their assigned counselors.
CdS Counseling Department
Counseling Office:Phone: (480) 752-8776Claudia BermudezRio Salado Dual Enrollment CoordinatorCashier's Office:Phone: (480) 517-8334Fax: (480) 517-8359Financial Aid Dept:Phone: (480) 517-8311
Dual Enrollment Assistance Appointments
Make an appointment with Melissa Carrasco, Rio Salado Student Services Manager, to answer any questions you may have over registration for dual enrollment. Click on the link to check availability.Weblink: https://calendly.com/
carrascomelissa/dual- enrollment-admission- application-support?month= 2021-04Scan the QR code for smartphone access:
Fall 2021 College Placement Reading Test for Freshmen and Sophomores
Underclassmen planning on taking a Dual Enrollment course need to take the Reading Test from Rio Salado in order to complete their registration process. Originally, this test was going to be given to those students this spring; but due to COVID-19 that is not possible. However, Rio Salado College is offering an online test for students to take at home to fulfill this requirement.
Steps for students to complete:
- Begin the Registration process at Rio. Please follow the directions here: DE Registration Steps.pdf. You need to be admitted to Rio Salado BEFORE you can take this test online.
- Students must complete the portion in order to receive their Maricopa Student ID number. This is an 8 digit number generated by Rio Salado. It is NOT their Corona del Sol school ID. They will also receive their MEID number. Please keep both numbers safe and secure.
- The Ed Ready student guide is also linked here.
- Students will select the Reading test.