Courses & Services

  • The Special Education Department works to provide the appropriate level of support to each and every student in a variety of classroom settings. Students can receive their education in settings that may include the general education classroom, a co-taught general education classroom, resource classroom, and a fully self-contained classroom.

    The following is a list of courses offered through the Special Education Department. For a description of each course, please refer to the Curriculum Catalog.

    Course offerings vary year to year. Please contact the Special Education Department with any questions.


    Basic Freshman English

    Basic Sophomore English

    Basic Junior English

    Basic Senior English

    Basic Reading



    Basic Arithmetic

    Basic Algebra 1

    Basic Geometry

    Basic Algebra 2

    Basic Consumer Math


    Social Studies

    Intro World History/Geography

    Intro American/Arizona History

    Intro Government

    Intro Economics



    Intro Physical World

    Intro Living World



    Adaptive PE


    Special Education Support

    Study Skills 1-2


    Transition Courses

    Career Readiness

    Career Pathways

    Next Steps

    Bridge to Success


    Functional Classes

    Functional Academics

    Community Education

    Functional Daily Living Skills

    Functional Workplace Skills



    Special Education Frequently Asked Questions

    Q: What do I do if I have concerns about my child’s IEP?

    A: First contact your child’s case manager. If you are unsure of who that may be, contact the Special Education Department.

    Q: What is the role of the case manager?

    A: The case manager is the first point of contact. They help develop the IEP, answer questions, and serve as an advocate for your child.

    Q: What if the case manager can’t help?

    A: The case manager will work with the Department Chair. If the Department Chair can’t resolve the problem, contact will be made with either one of the principals or the Director of Educational Services.

    Q: What do I do if I have a question regarding my child's progress in one of their classes?

    A: Email the teacher of record directly with any question. They should respond within 24 hours. You can find their email addresses on the Corona Staff Directory. Make sure to include the case manager in the email as well, in case problems arise.

    Q: What are the differences between accommodations and modifications?

    A: Accommodations do not fundamentally alter or lower the class standard. Modifications are changes in the classroom instruction or expectations which DO fundamentally alter or lower the standard or expectations of the instructional objectives. All accommodations and modifications need to be agreed upon by the IEP team and relate to a student’s disability.