Career & Technical Education Department
The Career & Technical Education Department employs an experienced and dedicated staff. We offer students a wide range of business and life skills classes from introductory level to the use of advanced technology in our computer applications and multimedia classes to diverse academic and technological opportunities for students which emphasize critical thinking and decision making skills in such areas as wellness, human relations, parenting, and employability.
Prepare students for workforce success and continuous learning.
Ensure a dynamic workforce by fully developing every student’s career and academic potential.
Taking CTE Courses Helps Students:
- Figure out what they might want to do after high school
- Find connections between their academic coursework and their career goals
- Graduate from high school, enroll in a two-year college, be employed, and earn higher wages
- Earn college credit while still in high school
- Learn valuable skills used in the workplace
- Build a resume full of technical and workplace skills
CTE Program Highlights
- Industry Certification
- Project Based Instruction
- Honors Courses
- Dual Enrollment Opportunities
- Participation in Student Organizations
- Real World Applications
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Work Programs
- Work/Industry Experience