Marcos de Niza Special Education Department
Our MissionThe mission of the Special Education Department is to provide "exceptional" education and opportunities to students with disabilities by:
- Complying with the statutes, rules, and regulations that govern special education
- Providing a wide variety of services and programs to meet the varying needs of our students
- Providing transition services and programs to facilitate the student moving from public education to post-secondary opportunities
- Partnering with the family and the community to educate students
- Providing appropriate support services per IEP for a student with identified disabilities, and empowering the student to succeed in high school
- Adapting and developing programs as needed for our student population
For more information, visit the Tempe Union High School District Special Education Home Page.
Faculty of the Month
Congratulations to Mr. Wilmot, MdN's Exceptional Student Services Certified Faculty of the Month for September!