• The following are frequently asked questions (FAQs) by parents of TUHSD students and those looking to attend TUHSD schools.

    If you have a question that isn't answered below, feel free to contact the District Office at (480) 839-0292 and we'll be happy to answer it for you.


    Please click arrows below to view the answers to these questions.
What school attendance area do I live in?

The attendance boundary map can be found on our Attendance Boundaries page.

May I enroll my child if I do not live within the Tempe Union High School District boundaries?

You may apply to enroll your child in any school that is not at full capacity. Visit the Enrollment page to learn more about open enrollment and enrollment policies.

Where do I get a copy of my child's student records?

Contact the records specialist at your student's school.

What documents do I need to register my student?

Contact the school's Academics Office (Compadre, Corona del Sol, Desert Vista, Marcos de Niza, McClintock High, Mountain Pointe, and Tempe High) for specific requirements.

Is a specific class being offered for a specific grade level?

The school's Academics Offices (CompadreCorona del SolDesert VistaMarcos de NizaMcClintock HighMountain Pointe, and Tempe High) can answer questions concerning registration or class offerings on each campus. Prior to registration, each school will provide you with registration materials and information. You can also download our Course Catalog to find a listing of courses offered in our District.

Whom do I contact if I have not received my student's report card or testing results?

Contact the high school for all student documents including report cards, test results and the dates when these will be sent to parents/guardians.

Whom do I contact if I have a concern/complaint about a specific school, administrator, or teacher?

If you have an unresolved concern or complaint about a teacher or assistant principal, contact the school principal. If you have an unresolved concern or complaint about a school principal, contact the associate superintendent at the District Office at (480) 839-0292.

Where can I get information about a specific policy?

Refer to the Selected Student Policies and Regulations Handbook provided to you by each school. If you are unable to find the answer to a specific question you may contact the associate superintendent's office at (480) 839-0292. You might also find an answer to your question by checking the District Policy Manual.

Who must complete the open enrollment application?

The open enrollment application must be completed by a parent/guardian if the student is under 18 years old.

How soon can I submit my student open enrollment application for the next school year?

Open enrollment applications may be submitted Jan. 7 through April 1, 2019 to receive preference to the school of choice. Applications received after April 1, will be placed on a wait list.

Who do I call if I don't receive a receipt of my student open enrollment application or if I need to make a correction?

Call the school to which you are applying.

When will I know if my student was accepted?

The school/district will notify the emancipated pupil, parent(s), or legal guardian by email or phone as to whether the applicant has been accepted, placed on a waiting list pending the availability of capacity, or rejected. If the applicant is placed on a waiting list, the notification shall inform the pupil, parent(s), or legal guardian of the date when it will be determined whether there is capacity for additional enrollment in a school. If the pupil's application is rejected, the reason for the rejection shall be stated in the notification.

How will I know if my student was accepted?

You will be notified by email or phone within five business days of receipt of application.

How soon should I withdraw my student from current school?

Before withdrawing your student from their current school, please contact the Academic's Office of your school of choice to avoid jeopardizing your students plan for graduation.

Who do I call to check the status of my student's open enrollment application?

Call the school of choice.

Will transportation be available to my student?

Per District Regulation JFB-R, transportation will not be provided to any student who resides outside of the boundaries of the school of enrollment unless the student is certified as a special education student and that student's IEP requires transportation. Although, we do have some transportation routes that will bus students who live in Maricopa to Compadre and Phoenix/Maricopa to Mountain Pointe.

When is the first day of school?

Click here to view the appropriate school year calendar.

What do I do next after my student open enrollment application has been accepted from the District?

You will need to complete registration documents at your school of choice.