Welcome to DV Boys Golf
Our program is comprised of respectful gentlemen and excellent student/athletes. They are highly knowledgeable and well-schooled in all facets of the game. We expect our kids to be mature beyond their years and they are. They support each other mightily and integrity is second to none. Our kids are fierce competitors and sharpshooters. No matter what, when the competition starts, their focus narrows, they know precisely what they need to do and are relentless in the pursuit.
Important Information for DV Boys Golf
Tryouts for the 2019 Boys Varsity Golf season will begin the sixth day of school on August 12th at 4pm. Interested players MUST attend the mandatory player meeting on 8/6 listed on the start of season calendar. Please refer to the schedule below for courses and tee times. Transportation will be available by bus to the courses each day but students will need to be picked up at the course at the conclusion of each day. If you are planning to have your student ride the bus, you must communicate this prior to the first day of tryouts to Coach Russo. Proper golf attire is required. If you have any questions, Coach Russo will also be available at The Ahwatukee Country Club on Thursday 8/8 from 4pm-5pm to answer any questions you may have in person. ALL ATHLETES MUST BE FULLY CLEARED THROUGH OUR ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF TRYOUTS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR PARTICIPATION.
- Golf Team Tryouts Begin AUGUST 12, 2019, 4 pm.
- It is not unusual for the local area to be under a "HEAT ADVISORY" in August.
- It is very HOT on the golf course between 4 pm and 6 pm when tryouts are held.
- Good HYDRATION is a must for all student-athletes and especially members of our golf team and tryout group.
- Good HYDRATION begins the night before your golf team tryout.
- Arrive at the golf course ON TIME, well Hydrated and Stretched out, so you are ready to compete, we begin promptly.
- You will be walking the golf course, a LIGHT golf bag is a good thing. Include only the essentials (balls, tees, snack, hat, water, sunscreen).
- Make sure to bring a 1 pint to 1-quart WATER BOTTLE. Water stations are available every few holes around the golf course for refills.
- Do not bring 1/2 gallon or larger Thermos-type water jugs. From experience, these tend to slow players down.
We look forward to seeing you all!