Corona del Sol Graduation
2021 Graduation Speaker Application
Due no later than Wednesday, November 25, 2020!
Two seniors, an academic representative and a senior class representative have the opportunity to deliver a commencement speech at the Graduation Ceremony in May. Any students interested in speaking must apply.
In order to be considered for one of these speaking positions, candidates must meet the following conditions:
- Must be enrolled for three (3) consecutive years at Corona del Sol High School
- Must be enrolled in at least four (4) classes at Corona del Sol High School during the senior year
- Applicants for Academic Speaker must be in the top 10% of the graduating class
- Senior Class Speaker applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA, but cannot be in the top 10% of the class.
- No off-campus suspensions during the applicant’s high school career.
- May not have any major disciplinary or academic referrals (as outlined in the TUHSD Student Policies and Regulations Handbook) during their high school career. Students who claim mitigating circumstances will have their situation evaluated on an individual basis by the Graduation Committee and the Administration.
- Must have 95% attendance in all current classes (not including School-Related Absences and/or extenuating circumstances); applicants may have no more than two (2) unexcused absences in any of their current classes. Students may have no more than five (5) tardies in any of their current classes.
Additional graduation information
Graduation Items:Including Cap and Gown, Announcements, Tassels, etc. Contact Josten's:
21023 N. Cave Creek Road
Suite # 1
Phoenix, AZ 85024
www.jostens.com/capgown/cap_gown_lp_main.htmlBOOKSTORE ACCOUNTS: Please make sure you are taking care of any debt in student bookstore accounts. Students with debt will not participate in the graduation ceremony. Towards the end of the year, there will be a deadline to take care of bookstore accounts. Please check back for that date.