TUHSD Sports Physical
Hedley Orthopaedic Sports Medicine staff will be conducting PreParticipation Sports Physicals for the 2019-2020 school year starting this Spring. Physicals will be $15 cash or check. Checks can be made payable to Hedley Orthopaedics. Every student planning to try-out for a school sport and every student going out for Marching Band will be required to have a physical prior to try-outs. These physicals will be good for the entire 2019-2020 school year! Permission forms can be picked up at the school's Athletic's Office.
In addition to Sports Physicals, the Hedley Orthopaedic Sports Medicine staff will have Baseline ImPACT testing available to take at the time of physicals. ImPACT is a computerized neurocognitive baseline test for concussions/head injuries. Every high-risk athlete is required to have a valid baseline test on file prior to try-out every school year. The baseline test will be good for the entire 2019-2020 school year. The Sports medicine staff will review all tests at the conclusion of physicals to determine validity. If invalid, student-athletes will be required to do a retest prior to beginning try-outs. This test provides baseline data to the Certified Athletic Trainers and Team Physicians to refer to if a concussion is sustained during the season, think of it as physical for the brain.
High-Risk Athletes that are required to have a valid baseline test on file prior to try-outs are Football, Cheerleading, Volleyball, Diving, Soccer, Basketball, Wrestling, Baseball, Softball, and Pole-vaulting.
Please select menu Clearance Procedures for Athletics/Activities on the left side of this page for more information.
School physical schedules - please check back for flyer
Tempe High: April 3, 2019, from 2:30 – 4:30 PM
Desert Vista: April 6, 2019, from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
McClintock: April 10, 2019, from 2:30 – 4:30 PM
Marcos De Niza: April 17, 2019, from 2:30 – 4:30 PM
Mountain Pointe: April 25, 2019, from 3:30 – 6:30 PM
Corona Del Sol: May 11, 2019, from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
If a parent/guardian is unable to attend the physical day with their student, please fill out this Sports Physical/Parental Permissions/Information Form - PDF and have your student bring it on the day of physical along with completed 2019-2020 Annual Preparticipation Physical EVALUATION - PDF
Forms & Resources
- Student Sports Medicine Guidelines - PDF
- Tempe Union Parent Athletic Handbook - PDF
- 2017-2018 Coaches certification requirements with Spirit Line - PDF
- AIA Bylaws; Article 15. Student Eligibility Rules
- NCAA Eligibility Website
- AIA Headstrong Program Guide - PDF
- AIA Headstrong Claim Form - PDF
- Other Insurance Questionnaire - PDF
- College Bound Student-Athlete
- Medication Guideline Policy - PDF
- (NEW) 2019-2020 Annual Preparticipation Physical EVALUATION - PDF - Must be uploaded to Parent/Guardian account on Register My Athlete. (First page to be filled out by the appropriate healthcare professional. Pages labeled 1-3 to be filled out by the parent/guardian and student-athlete.)
- (NEW) 2019-2020 Consent to Treat PDF Form
- Tempe All-City - Outstanding Athlete Award of Excellence Form - PDF
- Additional AIA forms can be found on AIA's website: http://aiaonline.org/about/forms
- TUHSD Mandatory Reporting Obligations - PDF
- TUHSD CPS Form-fillable PDF
- Fees & Payment Information
- Meal Money Request Form - Updated 02/04/19
Please download any interactive PDFs to your desktop and fill out in Adobe Reader (current version) to enable the save as feature.