TUHSD Sports Physical
Banner Sports Medicine staff will be conducting Pre-Participation Sports Physicals for the 2020 – 2021 school year starting this Spring. Physicals will be $15 cash or check (payable to Banner Sports Medicine).
Every student planning to try-out for a school sport and every student going out for Marching Band will be required to have a physical prior to try-outs. These physicals will be good for the entire 2020–2021 school year.
Physicals must be completed after March 1, 2020. If a parent/guardian is unable to attend the physical day with their student, please fill out this Sports Physical/Parental Permission Form - PDF and have your student bring it on the day of physicals along with a completed 2020–2021 Annual Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form - PDF.
In addition to Sports Physicals, IMPACT Testing is required for High-Risk Athletes. The sports that require IMPACT testing are Football, Cheerleading, Volleyball, Diving, Soccer, Basketball, Wrestling, Baseball, Softball, and Pole-vaulting. IMPACT testing is a computerized neurocognitive baseline test for concussion/head injuries. Every high-risk athlete is required to have a valid baseline test on file prior to try-out every school year. The baseline test will be good for the entire 2020-2021 school year. The Sports Medicine staff will review all tests to determine validity. If invalid, student-athletes will be required to do a retest prior to the beginning of try-outs. This test provides baseline data to the Certified Athletic Trainers and Team Physicians to refer to if a concussion is sustained during the season, think of it as a physical for the brain. Check with your school’s athletic office for dates and times of testing.
School physical schedules:
- McClintock: Thurs., March 19, 2020 | 3 – 5 PM
- Desert Vista: Sat., March 21, 2020 | 8 AM – 12 PM
- Corona del Sol: Sat., March 28, 2020 | 8 AM – 12 PM
- Tempe High: Thurs., April 9, 2020 | 3:30 – 5:30 PM
- Marcos de Niza: Wed., April 22, 2020 | 2:15 – 4:15 PM
- Mountain Pointe: April 30, 2020 | 3:30 – 6:30 PM
Forms & Resources
- Student Sports Medicine Guidelines - PDF
- Tempe Union Parent Athletic Handbook - PDF
- Coaches Certification Requirements with Spirit Line - PDF
- AIA Bylaws; Article 15. Student Eligibility Rules
- NCAA Eligibility Website
- AIA Headstrong Program Guide - PDF
- AIA Headstrong Claim Form - PDF
- Student Accident Insurance Online Enrollment Information - PDF
- Other Insurance Questionnaire - PDF
- College Bound Student-Athlete
- Medication Guideline Policy - PDF
- (NEW) 2020-2021 Annual Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Form - PDF - Must be uploaded to Parent/Guardian account on Register My Athlete. (First page to be filled out by the appropriate healthcare professional. Pages labeled 1-3 to be filled out by the parent/guardian and student-athlete.)
- (NEW) 2020-2021 Consent to Treat Form - PDF
- Tempe All-City - Outstanding Athlete Award of Excellence Form - PDF
- Additional AIA forms can be found on AIA's website: http://aiaonline.org/about/forms
- Fees & Payment Information
Please download any interactive PDFs to your desktop and fill out in Adobe Reader (current version) to enable the save as feature. Filling out a form in an internet browser window will NOT save your content.