TUHSD Sports Physical
Hedley Orthopaedic Sports Medicine staff will be conducting PreParticipation Sports Physicals for the 2017-2018 school year starting this Spring. Physicals will be $15 cash or check. Checks can be made payable to Hedley Orthopaedics. Every student planning to try-out for a school sport and every student going out for Marching Band will be required to have a physical prior to try-outs. These physicals will be good for the entire 2017-2018 school year! Permission forms can be picked up at the school's Athletic's Office.
In addition to Sport Physicals, the Hedley Orthopaedic Sports Medicine staff will have Baseline ImPACT testing available to take at the time of physicals. ImPACT is a computerized neurocognitive baseline test for concussions/head injuries. Every high risk athlete is required to have a valid baseline test on file prior to try-out every school year. The baseline test will be good for the entire 2017-2018 school year. The Sports medicine staff will review all tests at the conclusion of physicals to determine validity. If invalid, student athletes will be required to do a retest prior to beginning try-outs. This test provides baseline data to the Certified Athletic Trainers and Team Physicians to refer to if a concussion is sustained during season, think of it as a physical for the brain.
High Risk Athletes that are required to have a valid baseline test on file prior to try-outs are: Football, Cheerleading, Volleyball, Diving, Soccer, Basketball, Wrestling, Baseball, Softball, and Pole-vaulting.
Please select menu Clearance Procedures for Athletics/Activities on the left side of this page for more information.
School physical schedule is as follows:
McClintock H.S.: April 5, 2017 from 1:30 - 5:00 p.m. TBD
Desert Vista H.S.: April 8, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. TBD
Tempe H.S.: April 19, 2017 from 2:30 - 5:30 p.m. TBD
Marcos De Niza H.S.: May 3, 2017 from 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. TBD
Corona Del Sol H.S.: May 6, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. TBD
Mountain Pointe H.S.: May 11, 2017 from 3:30 - 6:30 p.m. TBD
Forms & Resources
- Student Sports Medicine Guidelines
- 2017 – 2018 Tempe Union Parent Athletic Handbook
- 2017 - 2018 Coaches certification requirements with Spirit Line
- AIA Bylaws; Article 15. Student Eligibility Rules
- NCAA Eligibility Website
- AIA Headstrong Program Guide
- AIA Headstrong Claim Form
- Other Insurance Questionnaire
- College Bound Student Athlete
- Medication Guideline Policy
- Form 15.7-A Annual Preparticipation Physical EVALUATION Must be submitted to the school student is attending. (To be filled out by the parent or guardian and student athlete)
- Form 15.7-B Annual Preparticipation Physical EXAMINATION Must be submitted to the school student is attending. (To be filled out by the appropriate healthcare professional)
- Form 15.7-C Annual Preparticipation ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
- Tempe All City - Outstanding Athlete Award of Excellence Form
- Additional AIA forms can be found on AIA's website: http://aiaonline.org/about/forms
- TUHSD Mandatory Reporting Obligations - PDF
- TUHSD CPS Form - fillable PDF - Please save to desktop to enable the interactive feature.
- Fees & Payment Information