TUHSD Sports Physical
Steward Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center staff will be conducting PreParticipation Sports Physicals for the 2019-2020 school year starting this Spring. Physicals will be $15 cash or check. Checks can be made payable to Steward Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center. Every student planning to try-out for a school sport and every student going out for Marching Band will be required to have a physical prior to try-outs. These physicals will be good for the entire 2019-2020 school year! Permission forms can be picked up at the school's Athletic's Office.
In addition to Sports Physicals, the Steward Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center staff will have Baseline ImPACT testing available to take at the time of physicals. ImPACT is a computerized neurocognitive baseline test for concussions/head injuries. Every high-risk athlete is required to have a valid baseline test on file prior to try-out every school year. The baseline test will be good for the entire 2019-2020 school year. The Sports medicine staff will review all tests at the conclusion of physicals to determine validity. If invalid, student-athletes will be required to do a retest prior to beginning try-outs. This test provides baseline data to the Certified Athletic Trainers and Team Physicians to refer to if a concussion is sustained during the season, think of it as physical for the brain.
High-Risk Athletes that are required to have a valid baseline test on file prior to try-outs are Football, Cheerleading, Volleyball, Diving, Soccer, Basketball, Wrestling, Baseball, Softball, and Pole-vaulting.
Please select menu Clearance Procedures for Athletics/Activities on the left side of this page for more information.
School physical schedules:
Tempe High: April 3, 2019, from 2:30 – 4:30 PM
Desert Vista: April 6, 2019, from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
McClintock: April 10, 2019, from 2:30 – 4:30 PM
Marcos De Niza: April 17, 2019, from 2:30 – 4:30 PM
Mountain Pointe: April 25, 2019, from 3:30 – 6:30 PM
Corona Del Sol: May 11, 2019, from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
If a parent/guardian is unable to attend the physical day with their student, please fill out this Sports Physical/Parental Permissions/Information Form - PDF and have your student bring it on the day of physical along with completed 2019-2020 Annual Preparticipation Physical EVALUATION - PDF
Forms & Resources
- Student Sports Medicine Guidelines - PDF
- Tempe Union Parent Athletic Handbook - PDF
- 2017-2018 Coaches certification requirements with Spirit Line - PDF
- AIA Bylaws; Article 15. Student Eligibility Rules
- NCAA Eligibility Website
- AIA Headstrong Program Guide - PDF
- AIA Headstrong Claim Form - PDF
- Student Accident Insurance Online Enrollment Information - PDF
- Other Insurance Questionnaire - PDF
- College Bound Student-Athlete
- Medication Guideline Policy - PDF
- (NEW) 2019-2020 Annual Preparticipation Physical EVALUATION - PDF - Must be uploaded to Parent/Guardian account on Register My Athlete. (First page to be filled out by the appropriate healthcare professional. Pages labeled 1-3 to be filled out by the parent/guardian and student-athlete.)
- (NEW) 2019-2020 Consent to Treat PDF Form
- Tempe All-City - Outstanding Athlete Award of Excellence Form - PDF
- Additional AIA forms can be found on AIA's website: http://aiaonline.org/about/forms
- Fees & Payment Information
Please download any interactive PDFs to your desktop and fill out in Adobe Reader (current version) to enable the save as feature. Filling out a form in an internet browser window will NOT save your content.