TUHSD Sports Physical
A new physical must be obtained for the 2021-2022 school year. We can only accept physicals dated after March 1, 2021. All physicals must be on the new 2021-2022 Annual Pre-participation Physical Evaluation form, listed below.
- For your convenience, Banner Sports Medicine staff will be conducting Pre-Participation Sports Physicals for the 2021–2022 school year.
- Physicals will be $15 flat fee. (See flyer)
- Please fill out the 2021–2022 Annual Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form - PDF and bring it with you to your appointment so the physician can
In addition to Sports Physicals, IMPACT Testing is required for High-Risk Athletes. The sports that require IMPACT testing are Football, Cheerleading, Volleyball, Diving, Soccer, Basketball, Wrestling, Baseball, Softball, and Pole-vaulting. IMPACT testing is a computerized neurocognitive baseline test for concussion/head injuries. Every high-risk athlete is required to have a valid baseline test on file prior to try-out every school year.
The Sports Medicine staff will review all tests to determine validity. If invalid, student-athletes will be required to do a retest prior to the beginning of try-outs. This test provides baseline data to the Certified Athletic Trainers and Team Physicians to refer to if a concussion is sustained during the season, think of it as a physical for the brain. Check with your school’s athletic office for dates and times of testing.
Athletics & Activities – Forms & Resources
- 21-22 Weekly Grade Check Calendar - PDF
- 21-22 Participation in Extracurricular Activities Waiver, Release, and Assumption of Risk Form - PDF
- 21-22 Tempe Union Parent Athletic Handbook - PDF
- AIA Bylaws; Article 15. Student Eligibility Rules
- NCAA Eligibility Website
- AIA Headstrong Program Guide - PDF
- AIA Headstrong Claim Form - PDF
- Student Accident Insurance Online Enrollment Information - PDF
- Other Insurance Questionnaire - PDF
- College-Bound Student-Athlete
- Medication Guideline Policy - PDF
- (NEW) 2021-2022 Annual Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Form - PDF - Must be uploaded to Parent/Guardian account on Register My Athlete. (First page to be filled out by the appropriate healthcare professional. Pages labeled 1-3 to be filled out by the parent/guardian and student-athlete.)
- (NEW) 2021-2022 Consent to Treat Form - PDF
- Tempe All-City - Outstanding Athlete Award of Excellence Form - PDF
- Additional AIA forms can be found on AIA's website: http://aiaonline.org/about/forms
- Fees & Payment Information
Please download any interactive PDFs to your desktop and fill out in Adobe Reader (current version) to enable the save as feature. Filling out a form in an internet browser window will NOT save your content.