CLASS OF 2020 GRADUATION & SENIOR EVENT INFORMATION
Marcos de Niza Graduation Ceremony
May 21, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
On Behalf of the Faculty and Staff of MDN,
Congratulations to the MDN Graduating Class of 2020!
We would like to acknowledge all of the parents and guardians of this outstanding class of graduates by extending our appreciation for making MDN your school of choice and for completing the journey with your senior! Congratulations!
Clear Bag PolicyMarcos de Niza Graduation 2019 is a clear bag event. Spectators will not be allowed to bring bags, coolers, backpacks, etc. into the stadium for graduation unless they are clear. All items, other than clear bags, will not be permitted. The MDN Cheer program will be selling flowers for the event and Grad Images Photography will be present to capture the moment when your student is receiving his/her diploma during the ceremony.
- Student/Faculty Parking, located just east of the Baseball Stadium
- LDS Church parking lot will also be available on the night of the ceremony
- Gates to the stadium will open at 5:00 p.m.
- Handicapped seating will be available on both sides of the stadium.
- Handicapped seating will be extremely limited and available to those that absolutely need the accommodation along with one relative to act as a care taker. For more information, please call the MDN Administrative Office.
MdN 2020 Senior Event Schedule
Graduation Ceremony Dress Code
All graduates will be required to wear a mortar board (cap) and gown provided by the Jostens Graduation Supply Company. If you have not purchased a cap and gown as of yet, they are still available through Jostens. Contact Jostens at (602) 765-7227.
Seniors will not be allowed to decorate their mortar boards or gowns in any way.
- Ladies must wear an appropriate dress, blouse/skirt or suit.
- Gentlemen must wear a shirt, tie, and dress pants.
- Dress shoes are required. For ladies, flats are recommended due to the fact that they will be walking on the football field.
- No t-shirts, tennis shoes, flip flops, Birkenstocks, or jeans.
- No cell phones, purses, bags, sunglasses or items of personal attire beyond the required dress.
- DO NOT bring any items that could be disruptive to the ceremony.
Any student that is suspected of being under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will be subject to an immediate evaluation by the Tempe Police Department. Any student found to be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol may be removed from the ceremony and referred to the Tempe Police Department.
The MDN Graduation Ceremony is a dignified event that you and your student will remember for a lifetime. Please encourage your student to treat the ceremony with the dignity that it deserves.
Additional Items to Take Care of Prior to the Ceremony
All debts must be cleared through the bookstore. For information regarding debts, books and school equipment, please call the MdN Bookstore at (480) 838-3200, ext. 40155 or visit: https://www.tempeunion.org/domain/98
- Please be aware of your student’s attendance.
- Please be aware of your student’s grades. Encourage your student to keep grades at a passing level.
It is important to note that all graduates must complete the course of study (23 credits) required by the Tempe Union High School District prior to the graduation, we have no alternative but to deny participation in the graduation ceremony.