Marcos de Niza GRADUATION
Marcos de Niza Graduation Ceremony
May 19, 2022 | 7 PM
Victor C. Sanchez, Jr. Stadium
Gates open at 5:30 PM
No tickets required
Live-streamed on Facebook:
We would like to acknowledge all of the parents and guardians of this outstanding class of graduates by extending our appreciation for making MDN your school of choice and for completing the journey with your Senior! Congratulations!
- We are pleased to announce that no tickets will be required for this year's graduation ceremony.
- The stadium will be open at 5:30 PM.
- Seating is open and will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Blocking off or saving seats will not be allowed in the stadium.
- No outside food or drink will be allowed into the stadium. Sealed water bottles are accepted.
- No bags, purses, or backpacks will be permitted in the stadium. A small, clear-sided bag is permissible
Handicapped Seating Requests:
Please submit this form to request handicapped seating at the graduation ceremony. We are only able to accommodate the guest and ONE family member, as handicapped seating is limited in our stadium.
Graduation Dress Code:
- All graduates will be required to wear a brown mortarboard (cap) and gown provided by the Jostens Graduation Supply Company.
- If you have not purchased a cap and gown as of yet, they are still available through Jostens. Contact Jostens at (602) 765-7227.
- Seniors will not be allowed to decorate their mortar boards or gowns in any way.
- Students who plan to wear cultural regalia must meet with Mr. Mancuso prior to Wednesday, May 18th for approval.
- All students must wear appropriate attire for the occasion. (Dress, skirt, collared shirt, pants)
- Dress shoes are required. Flats are recommended due to the fact that students will be walking on the football field.
- No t-shirts, tennis shoes, flip flops, Birkenstocks, or jeans.
- No cell phones, purses, bags, sunglasses or items of personal attire beyond the required dress.
- DO NOT bring any items that could be disruptive to the ceremony.
- Any student that is suspected of being under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will be subject to an immediate evaluation by the Tempe Police Department. Any student found to be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol may be removed from the ceremony and referred to the Tempe Police Department.
Additional Items to Take Care of Prior to the Ceremony
All debts must be cleared through the bookstore. For information regarding debts, books, and school equipment, please call the MdN Bookstore at (480) 838-3200, ext. 40155 or visit: https://www.tempeunion.org/MdN-Bookstore
- Please be aware of your student’s attendance and they are not losing credit for absences - If you have any questions concerning attendance, please contact Brian Blackwelder at email@example.com or Jill Calendar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please be aware of your student’s grades. Encourage your student to keep grades at a passing level.
It is important to note that all graduates must complete the course of study (23 credits) required by the Tempe Union High School District prior to graduation. We have no alternative but to deny participation in the graduation ceremony.