Field Experience Placement Process for Student Teaching, Internships, and Observations
Tempe Union High School District values our collegiate partnerships to place student teachers and interns in our high schools. We believe this provides a valuable educational experience for these future members of the workforce. It is equally important that our District provides our students with a safe educational environment. It is important that the following clearance process is completed before a college student may be on a TUHSD campus or in a classroom.
Field Experience no longer than one (1) school day (classroom observation):
- The student contacts the Assistant Principal of Academics to schedule a campus visit and arrange the classroom(s) to observe.
Field Experience more than one (1) day (student teaching, internships, and observations):
- The student obtains a TUHSD Field Experience Placement Application from his/her College Placement Advisor.
- The College Placement Advisor contacts the Assistant Principal of Academics at the selected school to arrange the placement and obtain the name of the Mentor Teacher.
Students are not permitted to arrange placement.
- The College Placement Advisor emails the completed application and a copy of the student’s valid DPS fingerprint card to TUHSD Human Resources Department. Please see the instructions on the application.
- Once the student is cleared to begin his/her field experience, Human Resources will send an email confirming placement to the student, the College Placement Advisor, the Assistant Principal of Academics, and the Mentor Teacher.
- Field experience applications are only available from College Placement Advisors that TUHSD has an established Affiliation Agreement or Intergovernmental Agreement.
- To prevent any delays in the approval process, the College Placement Advisor’s name must be on file with the TUHSD Human Resources Department.
Students must complete a new application and obtain clearance from the TUHSD Human Resources Department each school year. Clearance from a prior school year is not valid.
Human Resources Contacts
Dr. Mary KellerAssistant Superintendent of Human Resources(480) 839-0292 x15012Alicia LangbehnHuman Resources Manager(480) 839-0292 x15013Shaneeta RobbinsSubstitute Coordinator(480) 839-0292 x15023Sara GlassHuman Resources Generalist(480) 839-0292 x15021Jena PachelloLead HR Generalist(480) 839-0292 x15025Elizabeth EstrellaLead HR Specialist - Classified @ CDS, DVH, THS, Teaching & Learning, Plant Operations, District Office, Information Technology, Food & Nutrition(480) 839-0292 x15026Tracy PreslaskiLead HR Specialist - Certified @ CHS, MDN, MHS, MTP, Special Education, CTE & Guidance(480) 839-0292 x15022Sonya Torrence
HR Specialist - Certified @ CDS, DVH, THS, Teaching & Learning(480) 839-0292 x15024Monay SullivanHR Specialist - Classified @ CHS, MdN, MHS, MPHS, SPED, CTE & Guidance, Food & Nutrition, Transportation(480) 839-0292 x15027Cecilia Lopez
DO Receptionist(480) 839-0292 x10000