Start earning credits towards an Associate in Arts Degree (AA) or Arizona General Education Certificate (AGEC A) at Marcos de Niza HS.
Rio Salado dual enrollment allows students the opportunity to earn college credit for specific college-level courses taught at Marcos de Niza during regular school hours. All students taking dual enrollment classes are eligible to enroll.
Registration Information for 2019-20 School Year:
- Students will receive registration information from their teachers by Friday, August 9th.
- Students follow the registration steps on the RIO flyer. The MdN dual registration deadline is Monday, September 9th.
- Most dual enrollment courses require a college placement test. MdN will test students on Thursday, August 29th in computer lab 119. Please complete the MdN Accuplacer Registration Form by August 21st to reserve a testing spot.
Other Important Registration Information
- Not all instructors teaching College Math are RIO certified at MdN. Students must be enrolled in Mr. Johnson’s College Math classes to earn college credit.
- If your student has not successfully registered for their dual enrollment classes, the Rio Salado team with be on campus August 30th from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM in the MdN Guidance Career Center. Please call guidance office to call out your student for assistance.
- Tuition Assistance – Students who applied for financial assistance by the May 31st deadline have been notified of their status and must register for their courses by August 20th. Applications that are postmarked after May 31st will be placed on a wait-list.
- Students may view previous Accuplacer exam scores in math, reading, or writing on www.my.maricopa.edu click student center account box then under the “academic history” section click “test scores”.
If you have any questions, please contact the Marcos de Niza Counseling Department and ask to speak with the dual counselor below.
Dual Enrollment Contact
Dual Enrollment Counselor
480-838-3200 ext. 40134