This school year you will be receiving senior related emails to keep you informed of all the senior information that is being given to your graduating senior.
This email will explain the ordering of the cap and gown for the graduation ceremony, announcements, senior class jewelry, and graduation products. It also contains information about senior portraits and jerseys.
Cap and Gown Information
Your senior student attended a presentation today during their social studies or business class and received a packet of information. If your senior student was not at school today, did not attend or was at EVIT, please tell them to stop by the Academic office to pick up a packet. Please make note of the ordering dates located on the outside of the packet on a bright colored sticker.
Here are a few ordering tips:
TASSELS: If you only need to purchase a tassel, order one through them now.
JUST A CAP & GOWN (+tassel): If you only want to purchase a cap and gown, on the back of the order form (pg 4), on the very bottom it shows "Cap and Gown Unit", $28.95, this is what you want. This unit comes with a tassel (even though it doesn't say it does).
SALES TAX: (pg 3) Sales tax is 8.1% That is what you will use to calculate your total.
ORDER DATES: Students may bring their orders to school on Aug. 22nd and 23rd. Head to the cafeteria during both lunches to see the Jostens representative.
ADDITIONAL ORDER DATES: Parent Night is Aug. 22nd from 5:00-7:00pm in the cafeteria.
****At the minimum make sure to order your cap, gown, and tassel by the Aug 22nd & 23rd due date.
Below are some frequently asked questions.
1. What if I miss my order date? Orders will be accepted through December 9th with current pricing. Orders will be accepted on campus when Jostens is there or by mail sent to our location noted on the packet, order online at www.jostens.com or call 1-800-567-8367.
2. How many announcements do I need? Announcements should be sent to everyone with whom you want to share this exciting milestone. Our Graduation packages are designed with small quantities of announcements so it’s easy to add additional announcements to give you just the right amount. Please be sure to order your student’s items with the name you would like printed on the name cards and other personal items.
3. When will I receive my order? Tassels and Key Rings will be delivered at school on order day. Apparel, jewelry items, and memory books will be delivered to your home approximately 3-4 weeks after order day. Graduation announcements and other paper products will be delivered at school this spring. Caps & Gowns are delivered to seniors at school in early March.
4. When is my balance due? If you order with a down payment/deposit, you will be invoiced via e-mail or snail mail. Please provide an accurate e-mail address. We ask that your final payment is made before March 1st. Orders will be held for any accounts with a balance due.
5. Questions? Call 1-800-Jostens (1-800-567-8367)
Senior Portrait for the Yearbook
If you have NOT taken your senior portrait continue to read below.
Senior portraits at Lou Coopey Photography: deadline is August 31, 2019. All appointments can be made by visiting www.loucoopey.com or calling Lou Coopey at 480-830-5667. All seniors are required to take a senior portrait for the yearbook. Once you take your photo, you are allowed to pick one of the photos for the yearbook.
Information about the purchase of yearbook senior tributes is coming soon.
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! I am sure that this school year brings and will bring you many different emotions as you prepare for graduation. I am so proud of the Class of 2020 and I look forward to a great school year with them. I would like to help you in your final senior year journey, by sending you senior information, updates, and suggestions each month so that you are prepared for graduation in May.
Three specific areas that I would like to bring to your attention now:
Refer to the DV website under the graduation tab for general information
In Schoology (the new platform that replaced Canvas) on the guidance page there is always posted updated senior information
Look for my monthly email
Follow and Like our social media facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages for new information. These three social media platforms can be found on the school website for you to join and like.
Reach out to my office with any questions.
A preview to my next email...You will receive specific information about cap and gown ordering. Some preview dates that will be in my next email; Aug. 19th general information with ordering to be completed on Aug. 22 and 23rd.