The Digital Photography Program is a comprehensive 2 year program that develops a student’s skill set and understanding of all aspects of photography. Throughout the program, students are introduced to the camera as an artist’s tool and photography as an art form. In addition, emphasis is placed on how Photography has influenced society and culture throughout its history. This program is designed for serious students who want the whole photography experience. Students learn in a hands-on studio environment many skills that will serve them well in whatever career path they choose.
Digital Photography Program
Digital Photography Programs are located at Corona del Sol, Desert Vista, Marcos de Niza, Mountain Pointe, & Tempe High.
Digital Photography Program Lead Contact: Steve Adams (MP)
- Learn more about the TUHSD Annual Photography Contest that's open to all levels of Photography and IB visual art students of Tempe Union.
Digital Photography Program Lead
- Camera and camera controls
- Camera types
- History of Photography
- Elements & principles of Art and photographic composition
- Basic digital editing concepts (Adobe Photoshop)
- Visual literacy
- Advanced camera controls and alternative processes
- Studio lighting
- Advanced elements & principles of Art and advanced photographic composition
- Copyright law, fair use & legal issues of starting a business
- Portfolio development
- Optional Adobe Certified Associate Photoshop Test
For students who continue into the 3rd and 4th year of Photography, further emphasis is placed on planning, producing, and perfecting advanced-level photographic skills through complex projects and the completion of a personalized portfolio. Students will also advance their workplace skills for employability in one of the many fields related to Photography.