Mountain Pointe Track and Field
Commit | Work Hard | Succeed
Mountain Pointe Track and Field is a member of the Arizona Interscholastic Association 6A Conference and competes in the CENTRAL Region. Track and Field is a spring sport at Mountain Pointe High School.
Our primary objective as a coaching staff is to create an environment where your son/daughter understands Success will come through achieving goals. And goals can only be reached through the primary elements of Commitment and Hard Work. We believe desire, determination and commitment will strategically position you to succeed, not only in track but also in Life.
- (8) Division 1 State Champions in the hurdles– including 4 athletes ranked in the top 5 All-Time Arizona best performances.
- (7) New Division 1 State Records (one was a 32 year old record)
- Additional Arizona State Champions in the Sprints, Throws and Multi-Events
- Runners up in High Jump and discus and Sprints
- 2013 and 2011 AZ Div. 1 Team State Champion – 1st in school history
- Nike Outdoor National Team Championships – Arizona Champion 2010 and 2011
- Nike Outdoor National Team Championships – Southwest Champion 2010 and 2011
- Nike Outdoor National Team Championships Eugene Or – 2010 and 2011, 8th in US
- Arcadia Invitational Champions and Meet Record Holders
- Individual Champions in Great Southwest Track Classic, Golden West and Caribbean Scholastic Invitational
- Nationally ranked athletes in – Sprints, Hurdles, Throws and Multi-Events.
Track and Field Coaches
Coach Tim O’Neil
Head Boys and Girls Track Coach – Hurdles, Sprints and High Jump
Coach Grant Sinclair
Head Coach – Boys and Girls Cross Country
Assistant Track Coach – Distance Events