Register for Classes at Desert Vista
STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS TO REGISTER FOR CLASSES
- Enter into StudentVUE
- Under the ‘Navigation’ tab, click on ‘Course Request’
- Under the blue ‘Selected Course Requests’ tab, click on ‘Click here to change course requests’
- Mid-screen, you will find ‘Course ID’ and ‘Course Title’ boxes. Here is where you will select your course requests.
a. Type in your 1st course request code that is five to six digits long or the course title (you will repeat the following process for each course request)
b. Click on ‘Search Courses’
c. Find the course you would like to select
NOTE: The fifth digit of the course code (A, B or 0) determines the semester that the course is offered or if the course is only for a semester. Choose ‘A’ for 1st semester and ‘B’ for 2nd semester: The fifth digit of ‘0’ means that the course is for one semester only.
d. Click on the dot that is right next to the word ‘Request’ on the course that you would like to select; click on the dot next to ‘Alternate’ for those course you would like as alternates
e. Click on ‘Click here to move selected requests to Selected Course Requests’ to save your choice; the course will then move into the ‘Selected Course Request’ area
f. If you would like to change or remove a course, click on ‘Remove’ and choose another course
g. Once completed, you can exit (close) StudentVUE and your selections will automatically be saved
h. You can change you selections at anytime up to the point when you meet with your counselor on your scheduled date
Course Registration Check List
Online Course Request in StudentVue must be completed at home prior to the registration date in February (Incoming 9th graders will not complete online course requests).
- Course Request Form – Received at Orientation
- Teacher Signatures – confirmation of correct course placement
- Parent Signature
- Course selections
- Check Graduation Requirements
- Zero hour selections – payments to bookstore, receipt attached to course request form
- Alternate Choices – to equal 2 credits
- Honors/AP Agreement if applicable
- Course Request Verification
*It is recommended that families keep a copy of the course request form for their records. Counselors will retain the original course request form.