Welcome to the Summer Education Academy - Credit Recovery
Tempe Union High School District's Summer Education Academy is offering in-person and virtual courses for credit recovery only this summer.
Courses include science, math, English, social studies, physical education, and a variety of electives (including PE and Health). It is a great way to recapture lost credit.
Registration begins April 5 – May 26, 2021.
No late registrations will be accepted.
Tuesday, May 25 – Friday, June 11, 2021
Monday, June 14 – Wednesday, June 30, 2021
- Classes are Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM – 12:40 PM.
- Summer Education Academy's campus-based sessions will be at Marcos de Niza High School located at 6000 S. Lakeshore Drive, Tempe, AZ.
- Open to current 2020-2021 students only. Incoming freshmen are NOT eligible to take any SEA Course for credit recovery at this time.
- have regular, convenient, daily access to a computer and the Internet to complete coursework
- be an independent, self-disciplined, self-motivated learner
- be able to self-advocate and ask for help when needed
The In-person Summer Academy is not online but live, in class with a teacher. A virtual environment option is available.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, credit recovery courses will be offered at NO COST.
- A total of two semester credit recovery courses can be taken.
- A student cannot be absent more than two (2) days per session.
- Tardiness or early departures in excess of 15 minutes will constitute one (1) absence. This includes virtual students.
- On the third (3) absence, students will be withdrawn from the class.
Free transportation is available from each of the Tempe Union High Schools to the Summer Education Academy at Marcos de Niza (including two pick-up locations in Maricopa). No bus pass necessary. To avoid traffic congestion, it is highly recommended to use the District Bus Transportation.
Free school meals (breakfast & lunch) are available at all Tempe Union High School locations, Monday – Friday. Grab & Go meals are available curbside for children 18 years or younger.
- Please see this PDF flyer for more information on location and times.
- Please select your school of choice and RSVP for Grab & Go meals here.
All final exams are administered by the course instructor.
- Session 1: Friday, June 11, 2021
- Session 2: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Students (both in-person or virtual) must be present for the entire class period on exam days. The coursework and final exam on these days are critical to success in every course.
Summer Education Academy Contacts
Dora SamsonDirector/PrincipalLenica RuizAssistant PrincipalAaron FranaAssistant PrincipalDavid Klecka
Student Services Coordinator for Special Education
DKlecka@TempeUnion.orgTina GarciaAdministrative Assistant
No classes for Sessions I:
May 24, 2021 – Faculty MeetingMay 31, 2021 – Memorial DaySEA IN-PERSON & VIRTUAL ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS
Please download interactive pdfs to your desktop and fill them out in Adobe Reader (current version) to enable the save as feature. Filling out a form in an internet browser window will NOT save your content. Word documents will download to your desktop to be opened in a Microsoft Word application to enable the save as feature.