Welcome to the Summer Education Academy
Congratulations Class of 2020 Graduates!
We are excited to announce the Summer Education Academy’s Drive Thru graduation plans for Monday, June 29, 2020, starting at 8:00 AM and ending at 10:00 AM at Compadre Academy, 500 W. Guadalupe Rd., Tempe, AZ 85283.
Attention Graduating 2020 Senior Families
SENIOR SEND OFF – Families, please join your graduate for our Senior Send Off. Our drive thru graduation will begin at 8:00 AM and ending at 10:00 AM at Compadre High School..
Students will receive diplomas, diploma covers, graduation programs, from Jermaine Whitaker, Principal of the Summer Education Academy.
Please drive into the first entrance to Benedict Park lot from Guadalupe Rd., follow the signs, and do not leave your car.
1 vehicle per family to help with this process, please have a neatly printed sign with the senior’s name on a passenger side window.
There will be two stations:
- Station #1 Laptop return (for seniors who checked out computers)
- Station #2 Diploma presentation
- Seniors, wear your cap and gown
- Sit on the right side of the vehicle so you can receive your diploma
Virtual Graduation Ceremony
The virtual graduation ceremony has been filmed and edited over the past few weeks to celebrate our Class of 2020.
This pre-recorded video will premiere at 7:00 PM (MST) on June 29, 2020.
We hope you'll join us in celebrating our seniors!
Summer Education Academy
At this time Summer Education Academy is no longer accepting registration.
Community Service Hours for Health Classes
Community Service Hours for Health Classes: Due to the restrictions in the community we are changing the way that the community service hours project will be completed. Those students that have completed volunteer hours may still use those to complete the community service project. You may use any volunteer hours that you have accumulated from August 2019 on. You will need 10 hours to receive full credit for this aspect of the project. Those of you that have completed some but not all of the 10 hours will be required to complete the alternate assignment for this portion of the class that is explained below. Setting up for band/choir concerts, sporting events, etc. does not constitute community service.
If you have questions about your hours please email Jess Portillo at jportillo@TempeUnion.org to ensure they will count towards class credit. For those who did not get a chance to begin their community service project or did not complete the full 10 hours in order to receive the credit you will be required to write a 2 page (minimum) persuasive essay on the following prompt:
- Think about volunteer activities that will benefit individuals, families, or the community
- Write a persuasive essay in which you propose an activity and explain its benefits
- Please use at least 3 resources to back up your position
- The essay will be completed in MLA Format, 12 pt font with 1" margins and will be double spaced
- Those that fail to complete either of the community service options will lose 10% of their overall grade. ***THIS IS DUE JUNE 26th ***
- Community Service Volunteer Form - PDF
Summer Education Academy Contacts
Please download interactive pdfs to your desktop and fill out in Adobe Reader (current version) to enable the save as feature. Filling out a form in an internet browser window will NOT save your content.
All refunds must run through the District Office. A refund request must be completed to start this process. A $30 processing fee may apply. A check will be mailed to the address on the refund request form in 4-6 weeks after the request is submitted.
- Please download and fill out this TUHSD Refund Request fillable form- PDF to request a refund.
- Return completed refund request form to refund@TempeUnion.org as an attachment.