Welcome to the Summer Education Academy
At this time, Summer Education Academy classes are full and registration is closed. Thank you for your continuous support.
Summer Education Academy
What is the Summer Education Academy?The Summer Education Academy is currently open to 9th grade (current 2019 Freshman) through 12th grade (current 2020 Senior) students. Students may take one class per Summer Education Academy session and earn 1/2 credit for the class.
- $175 per session (1/2 credit per course)
- A $30.00 fee will be assessed for all refunds
- A student may only enroll in ONE online course at a time
- NCAA seats are limited
- Final exams will be administered virtually by the teacher
The ParentVue username is the same username use for the Bookstore Online Payment Portal. However, the password has to be set independently of the ParentVue password.
- 1st Time Parent Users, use the following to access the Tempe Union online payment portal:
- User Name: Your ParentVUE username
- Password: 1st Time Parent Users, click here to set your password
- Returning Parent Users, use the following to access the Tempe Union Online Payment Portal:
- User Name: Your ParentVUE username
- Password: Password created during 1st time parent user visit
If you have forgotten your password to the Payment Portal, scroll to the bottom of the Payment Portal page and click on the blue ‘Forgot Username/Password’ button and request a reset.
Community Service Hours for Health Classes
Community Service Hours for Health Classes: Due to the restrictions in the community we are changing the way that the community service hours project will be completed. Those students that have completed volunteer hours may still use those to complete the community service project. You may use any volunteer hours that you have accumulated from August 2019 on. You will need 10 hours to receive full credit for this aspect of the project. Those of you that have completed some but not all of the 10 hours will be required to complete the alternate assignment for this portion of the class that is explained below. Setting up for band/choir concerts, sporting events, etc. does not constitute community service.
If you have questions about your hours please email Jess Portillo at jportillo@TempeUnion.org to ensure they will count towards class credit. For those who did not get a chance to begin their community service project or did not complete the full 10 hours in order to receive the credit you will be required to write a 2 page (minimum) persuasive essay on the following prompt:
- Think about volunteer activities that will benefit individuals, families, or the community
- Write a persuasive essay in which you propose an activity and explain its benefits
- Please use at least 3 resources to back up your position
- The essay will be completed in MLA Format, 12 pt font with 1" margins and will be double spaced
- Those that fail to complete either of the community service options will lose 10% of their overall grade. ***THIS IS DUE JUNE 26th ***
- Community Service Volunteer Form - PDF
Summer Education Academy Contacts
Please download interactive pdfs to your desktop and fill out in Adobe Reader (current version) to enable the save as feature. Filling out a form in an internet browser window will NOT save your content.
All refunds must run through the District Office. A refund request must be completed to start this process. A $30 processing fee may apply. A check will be mailed to the address on the refund request form in 4-6 weeks after the request is submitted.
- Please download and fill out this TUHSD Refund Request fillable form- PDF to request a refund.
- Return completed refund request form to refund@TempeUnion.org as an attachment.