- Tempe Union High School District
- TUHSD Newsroom
What You Need to Know for Returning to In-Person Learning
TUHSD will be returning to in-person learning on Monday, March 15, 2021. Families were invited to complete the Learning Choice Survey for 4th quarter to select if they will be returning to campus for in-person instruction, or remaining in a virtual environment.
Regardless of your learning choice selection, Wednesdays will remain asynchronous during the 4th quarter.
Below is additional information to assist as you and your student(s) prepare for the 4th quarter:
- The Learning Choice Survey is due at the end of the day on Monday, March 1st. If you need to change your selection, you have until Friday, March 19th to contact your school site for necessary adjustments.
- English Spring Learning Choice Survey Link
- Spanish Spring Learning Choice Survey Link
- In-depth information about the Learning Choice options were provided in an email to parents on February 22. A copy of the letter is available here (weblink) in the section titled "Parent Letters - COVID-19".
- Our District Health and Safety video has been updated to reference our current health and safety protocols. Please watch the video and familiarize yourself with the safety protocols put in place to protect our students and staff.
- Be sure to familiarize yourself with our new Qualtrics self symptom checker. The process is highlighted in the safety video, and the access link will be sent via email to all TUHSD students on Monday, March 15 in the early morning. The symptom checker must be completed every day to ensure admission on campus. Students can also set up text message reminders to complete the survey, after their first login.
- Our District Health Mitigation Plan is always available for reference and to familiarize yourself with our health and safety protocols.
- If you have opted for in-person instruction and you have not already done so, please complete the COVID-19 Parental Acknowledgement Form. Please download, fill out, and return it to your school site. You may also have your student bring it with them during the week of March 15. The final day to return the form will be Friday, March 19.
- If you have any questions, you may visit the FAQs on our Health and Safety page. If you have a question that is not answered in the FAQs, please direct all other questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to answer, and update the FAQ’s as necessary.
- Finally, please keep an eye out for further communications from your school site administrative teams. The school/District social media channels will also release further information and important communications.
We are excited to welcome our students who have opted to return for in-person learning starting on March 15th, 2021. Please keep in mind that safety is our top priority, and we will continue to do everything we can to ensure our students and staff remain healthy.