About Corona del Sol
Since 1978, Corona del Sol students have been dreaming big and reaching for excellence. Our faculty and staff challenge students to become more than they thought they could be and those who choose us find strength by becoming part of our diverse family.
Corona is a campus where students develop their interests and perform with passion, often receiving national recognition. They find a sense of purpose by giving back to those in need and helping the next in line. It is a place where students spend time with friends, show off their school spirit, and create memories.
Corona del Sol High School is also committed to providing a quality educational environment with comprehensive academic opportunities for each student. Upon graduation, Aztecs will acquire the knowledge and develop skills necessary to succeed in the college, career and life.
Extra-curricular activities thrive at Corona. The school has had numerous superior ratings in Fine Arts. CdS students have also earned many school-to-work program honors as well as newspaper, yearbook and art awards of excellence.
- 12 National Merit Finalists
- 3 National Hispanic Scholars
- 71% Passing Rate on AP Exams
- 95 AP Scholar Awards
- 68% of Students to University/Community College
- 91% of Students Passed All of Their Classes
- 1791 Dual Enrollment Courses Being Taken (Largest enrollment with Rio Salado!)
- 95.7% Average Graduation Rate For the Past Five Years
- Student and Staff created Academic Lab
- 6A Competitive AIA Athletics
- 2018 Volleyball State Runner Up
- 2018 Badminton State Runner Up
- 2019 Baseball State Runner Up
- Boys Basketball State Champions (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- 2017 Wrestling State Champions
- 2016 Girls Volleyball State Champions; Nationally Ranked in Top 10
- 2014 Track and Field State Champions
- 17 Gatorade Players of the Year
- Over 80 Clubs and Campus Activities
- 2018 Marching Band State Runner Up
- 2019 Robotics State Champion and National Qualifier
- We the People State Champions 2020 and National Qualifier
- 16 We the People State Championships
- Award-Winning Band, Choir, Theatre, and Orchestra
- Top Journalism & Yearbook Programs - 2017 Crown Finalist