About Corona del Sol
Since 1978, Corona del Sol students have been dreaming big and reaching for excellence. Our faculty and staff challenge students to become more than they thought they could be and those who choose us find strength by becoming part of our diverse family.
Corona is a campus where students develop their interests and perform with passion, often receiving national recognition. They find a sense of purpose by giving back to those in need and helping the next in line. It is a place where students spend time with friends, show off their school spirit, and create memories.
Corona del Sol High School is also committed to providing a quality educational environment with comprehensive academic opportunities for each student. Upon graduation, Aztecs will acquire the knowledge and develop skills necessary to succeed in the college, career and life.
Extra-curricular activities thrive at Corona. The school has had numerous superior ratings in Fine Arts. CdS students have also earned many school-to-work program honors as well as newspaper, yearbook and art awards of excellence.
- 60 Honors Courses, Including 19 AP Courses
- 43 Dual Enrollment Courses for College Credit
- More than 100 National Merit Finalists
- 90 AP Scholars Annually
- Flinn Foundation Scholars
- 2009 and 2015 AIA Blue Cup Excellence Award
- 157 Region/Division Titles
- 43 State Championships
- 6 AIA Scholar-Athlete Team Awards
- 6 AIA Scholar-Athlete of the Year Awards
- 13 Gatorade Circle of Champions State Awards
- 1 Ed Dougherty Football Player of the Year Award
- 7 Tempe All-City Athletes of the Year Awards
- 6 Coaches inducted in Arizona High School Athletic Coaches Hall of Fame