Dr. Kevin J. Mendivil,SuperintendentPrior to becoming Superintendent of the Tempe Union High School District (TUHSD), Dr. Kevin J. Mendivil served as Associate Superintendent for the district, where he was responsible for community relations, human resources and employee benefits, and overall management of district operations. He has been with TUHSD since 2011 and was Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources until 2014 when he was promoted to Associate Superintendent.
While serving as the Assistant Superintendent for human resources he was responsible for every aspect, including recruitment, the hiring, and training of new employees, mediation of employee-related issues, oversight of the evaluation of all employees, staffing, employment law and disciplinary issues.
Prior to joining TUHSD, Dr. Mendivil served as Director of Human Resources – Certified Personnel at Mesa Public Schools. He began his career as a special education teacher and then later became principal of an elementary school. His experience at every level of K-12 education has provided Dr. Mendivil an advanced knowledge of academia, student needs, and key issues in education and employee relations.
- Ed.D. Educational Administration and Supervision, 2008 – Arizona State University
- Master of Education in School Administration and Supervision, 1996 – University of Phoenix
- Bachelor of Education in Special Education, 1986 – Arizona State University
- Standard Superintendent Certificate (Arizona)
- Standard Elementary Principal Certificate (Arizona)
- Standard Special Education Certificate, LD K-12 (Arizona)
Superintendent's Office Contacts
Superintendent(480) 839-0292 x11010Executive Assistant to the Governing Board & Superintendent(480) 839-0292 x11010Associate Superintendent(480) 839-0292 x11014
Executive Assistant(480) 839-0292 x11014Executive Director Leader DevelopmentExecutive Director of Community Relations(480) 839-0292 x11021
Coordinator of Diversity & Inclusion(480) 839-0292 x11016