Learn more about Desert Vista High School
Desert Vista High School Mission Statement:
Desert Vista inspires a community of learning by demonstrating excellence in academics, arts, and extra-curricular activities.
Desert Vista High School Vision Statement:
We strive for excellence by engaging our community, promoting accountability, fostering responsibility and encouraging life-long learning.
More about the Thunder:
Since opening its doors in 1995, Desert Vista High School has been inspiring, “Excellence through Performance.”
An A-rated High School by the Arizona Department of Education, Desert Vista provides a wide array of academic and educationally rich opportunities on our campus to ensure our students are college and career ready. We offer a variety of academic options for all grade levels, including Advanced Placement (AP) courses, honors courses, vocational courses, and dual enrollment courses through the Maricopa County Community Colleges and the University of Arizona.
We continually examine our curriculum, monitor student progress through the use of formative assessments, and strive to collaborate with one another to improve instruction to meet the differentiated needs of our students.
The graduates of 2018 were admitted to 231 different national and international colleges and universities, earning over $33.5 million in scholarship offers.
At Desert Vista, we also believe that in addition to successful experiences in the classroom; activities and athletics are integral to a positive high school experience. We are home to one of the state’s strongest athletic programs, with 46 state championships and two national championships for our boy’s track team. We are also proud to offer students more than 75 clubs and outstanding activities to get involved on campus.
Better grades, new friendships, and improved time management skills are only a few of the many benefits gained by participating in extra/co-curricular activities.
- Nationally recognized fine arts programs in band, orchestra, choir, and theater
- 2017 State Champions, Boys Soccer, Boys Track, Boys Volleyball
- 46 State Championships and 46 state runners-up titles
- “Spotlight on Success” Award for the most students in the state to receive Board of Regents Scholarships
- Back-to-back Flinn Foundation Scholarship Recipients
- Named to the 2012 NCEA Higher Performing Schools list for AZ by ABEC and the NCEA
- 2016 and 2017 Arizona Interscholastic Award (AIA) “Harold Slemmer Award”
- 2004-2013 Division 1 State Speech and Debate Champions; top 10 in the nation, National Champions 2015