Welcome to Desert Vista's Thunder Board
Please go to DV's Thunder Board website for more information:
The Desert Vista Thunder Board Association Meeting will be held on the 3rd Monday of every month at 7:00 p.m. in the H Building, Room 106. Special Note: Except in the months of January and February, will meet on the 4th Monday. All Booster Clubs, please plan on sending your Representative or a Club Officer to the meeting. The proposed Agenda will be emailed to each respective Booster Club Officer and Representative this weekend. Thank you for your attendance in advance!
The scope and objectives of the Thunder Board Association are to;
- Educate booster clubs, coaching staff and activity sponsors regarding the role of the Thunder Board and its obligations of conducting business as a tax-exempt and public charity organization.
- Encourage the communication and sharing of ideas between Desert Vista High School booster clubs, coaching staff and activity sponsors.
- Promote fundraising ideas within booster clubs.
- Assist in facilitation and resolution of matters brought to the attention of the Thunder Board.
- Establish policies and procedures to be used by the Thunder Board, booster clubs, coaching staff and activity sponsors as guidelines for conducting business.
- Ensure that financial resources are appropriately accounted for by regularly reviewing booster club financial reports.
The Thunder Board and the booster clubs are recognized as exempt from Federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Thunder Board is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes, including the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code. The Thunder Board is also classified as a public charity under Sections 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A)9vi) of the code.
For additional guidance, please click and review the Thunder Board Bylaws or the Thunder Board Policies and Procedures.