Career & Technical Education (CTE)
The Department of Career and Technical Education (CTE) for the Tempe Union High School District provides positive advocacy and assistance to the schools for career and technical education.
CTE offers many program choices that include project-based instruction with opportunities for industry certifications and participation in student organizations. Students have dual enrollment opportunities with local community colleges and universities and can participate in successful work programs during their senior year.
Did you know:
- 7000 – 9000 students in the district enroll in our CTE classes each year.
- For students who complete their programs, over 75% of pass the State CTE Assessments, and over 40% earn industry credentials.
- We have industry advisors for all of our CTE programs, and students are required to have multiple direct industry interactions every year in each of our CTE programs.
- As a district, we fully cover the cost for any of our students who complete a CTE program to obtain the related industry certifications and have done this for the past 5 years (other districts make students pay themselves for the certifications).
CTE Performance Measure
- 2023 Arizona Performance Measures Results - District Level of Performance (DLP) - PDF
- 2022 Arizona Performance Measures Results - District Level of Performance (DLP) - PDF
- 2021 Arizona Performance Measures Results - District Level of Performance (DLP) - PDF
- 2020 Arizona Performance Measures Results - District Level of Performance (DLP) - PDF
Site/Program-specific performance measurements are available upon request.
Tempe Union High School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, disability or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Declaración de Non Discriminación (Spanish Version)
Tempe Union High School District no discriminan en base de raza, color, etnia, origen nacional, religión, sexo o género, orientación sexual, discapacidad o edad en sus programas y actividades, proporcionan acceso en condiciones de igualdad a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos de jóvenes.
Career & Technical Education Contacts
Eric SorensonDirector of Career & Technical Education480-839-0292 ext.12071Ashlee KearneyAdministrative Assistant480-839-0292 ext.12070Shauna DemersCTE Content Specialist480-839-0292 ext.12073Pete ManigoldCTE Content Specialist480-839-0292 ext.12074Laura RandlemanCTE - Support Specialist480-752-8888 ext.80112Maurice CarterCTE - Support Specialist480-706-7900 ext.70112Marge AdlerCTE - Support Specialist480-383-3200 ext.40112Joyce JohnsonCTE - Support Specialist480-839-4222 ext.60112