Parent Workshops & Events
Please check back for workshops and events. We will post information here throughout the school year as they become available.
ZESTY ZZEEKS PIZZA FUNDRAISER | DECEMBER 7, 2022
- Wednesday, December 7, 2022, at Zesty Zzeeks
- Must mention fundraisers when ordering in-person or online and use code: ZZEEKS15
- Dine-in, takeout, and delivery are available.
- Order online at zzeeks.com
- Please see this flyer for more information - PDF
- Supports Tempe Dollars for Scholars
- 3 locations:
- Ahwatukee: (48th & Warner) 4825 E. Warner Rd. #D1-D2 | 480-940-5555
- Tempe: (McClintock & Warner) 1721 E. Warner Rd. #C9 | 480-591-7777
- Tempe: (Mill & Southern) 3139 S. Mill Ave. | 480-685-9888
FAFSA NIGHT "GET S'MORE MONEY"
Get help from FAFSA experts!
- Thursday, December 8, 2022
- 4 – 7 PM
- Held at Tempe High School's Library | 1730 S. Mill Ave., Tempe 85281
- Please see this flyer for more information on what to bring - PDF
- Please RSVP - Registration Form
ARIZONA COMMUNITY COLLEGE INFORMATION NIGHT
Tempe Union High School District’s sophomores, juniors, seniors, and interested parents/ families can learn the details families need to help select the community college that is the right fit for you.
Learn both the similarities and differences among the schools, the special programs they offer, and available scholarship opportunities, and visit individually with members of their Recruitment Teams.
Buy tickets through the GO FAN website by searching for your school.
- Family Athletic Passes | Sold on GoFan ONLY:
Family passes will be sold through Go Fan. The cost is $120 for a family of 4. When you purchase the family pass, you will have access to 4 passes. These passes can only be transferred one time to the final user. Each pass will allow the holder entry to any home game at your home school for all sports.
- Adult Athletic Passes | Sold on GoFan ONLY:
Adult passes will be sold through Go Fan. The cost is $35.00 per adult. The pass will allow access to all the home games at your home site for all sports. If you purchase more than 1 adult pass, that pass can only be transferred one time to the final user.
- Student Athletic Passes: $25 Sold at the Bookstore ONLY
- Family Athletic Passes | Sold on GoFan ONLY:
INNOVATION CENTER | 2023-24 SCHOOL YEAR PRE-REGISTRATION
Imagine your student working on their passions or interests while earning credit. They can! At the Innovation Center, we connect students’ classroom experiences with future-forward learning. The pre-registration process begins November 14th – 28th, so students are encouraged to fill in this Innovation Center Pre-registration Form if interested.
- For more information about the Innovation Center and Course Offerings, please go to: TempeUnion.org/Innovation-Center
FREE AND REDUCED-PRICE MEALS:
Free and Reduced Price Meal Applications are available conveniently online at Family.TitanK12.com at all school offices and the District Office. If you have any questions regarding the Free and Reduced Meal Program, please call (480) 345-3755 or go to TempeUnion.org/Food-Nutrition. Please allow ten (10) business days to process applications. Once approved, a notification will be emailed. Until approved, it is recommended you provide your child with lunch or lunch money.
AFFORDABLE CONNECTIVITY PROGRAM:
TUHSD OFFERS ONLINE & [IN]-PERSON PEER-TO-PEER TUTORING FOR EVERY STUDENT [IN] THE DISTRICT. CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO FOR MORE DETAILS:
WE'RE HIRING! Bus Drivers, Food Workers, Paraprofessionals, Teachers, and more!
Imagine yourself [IN] Tempe Union High School District. Tempe Union is an award-winning district that takes great pride in the services we provide to students, staff, and the community.
Great Reasons to Work at TUHSD:
- Most work hours correspond with the school day (Bus Drivers: mid-day off allows for flexibility)
- Holidays & summers off
- Opportunity for growth & advancement
- Great work-to-life balance
- Supportive, friendly work environment
- A chance to make a difference in a child's life
We Value Our Employees!
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent leave/benefits plan for full-time employees
- Participation in AZ State Retirement System
For more information, see our Work at TUHSD or Featured Jobs webpages or you can check out all of our available job openings through Frontline! For additional information or questions, please contact our Human Resources department.
TEEN TRIPLE P DISCUSSION GROUPS:
Teen Triple P Discussion Groups are now offered by Tempe Community Council! Traditionally, Teen Triple P Discussion Groups are a series of in-person parent discussions on commonly encountered problems to facilitate the discussion of positive parenting principles and host topic-specific discussions.
We know parenting during a global pandemic sometimes feels impossible. To provide support for parents of teenagers during these uncertain times, Online Teen Triple P Drop-In Discussion Groups will be held weekly on Thursday evenings from 7:30– 8:30 pm, and you can attend whichever sessions are most convenient for you. We do recommend pre-registering for a discussion to be notified of any changes.
- To register for an online discussion drop-in visit this weblink
- City of Tempe weblink: https://www.tempe.gov/
government/human-services/ family-community-support/ family-community-support- resources/triple-p/parent- support-during-covid-19
- To join the Teen Triple P offered by the Tempe Community Council Facebook group here - weblink.
- Lastly, a weblink to the Parenting in a Pandemic podcast from Triple P founder, Dr. Matt Sanders.