Parent Workshops & Events
Please check back for workshops and events. We will post information here throughout the school year as they become available.
Night of Discovery: Find Your College Match
Tempe Union High School District's sophomores, juniors and parents are invited to virtually join us to begin the process of finding your best college match. Eleven 4-year colleges and universities (big, small, urban, rural, public, private) from ten different states will attend but we’ve asked them to remove any branding and other key identifiers about their school so that you can learn about colleges without being influenced by name recognition.
- Wednesday, January 27, 2021
- 6:30 – 8 PM | Via Zoom
- Please register with this form
- A secure meeting link will be sent the afternoon prior at the email address you provide on the above registration form.
- Night of Discovery: Find Your College Match flyer - PDF
- Please download and print this College Match Scorecard PDF prior to the event. You will use this paper document during the live event.
Together We Can End Racism
As institutions of learning and preparing students for the future, Mesa Community College and the Tempe Union High School District recognize the importance for us to continue a commitment to our shared values that diversity is a strength and an asset; in which every individual has equal human value; and that a safe environment and peaceful discussions are essential to learning and societal progress.
Therefore, our institutions have collaborated to create the symposium, Together We Can End Racism. The virtual sessions are intended to give high school students the opportunity to think through race-related issues, recognize their individual/collective roles in creating mutual understanding, and aspire to promote beneficial resolution by seeing themselves as part of the solution to pressing social issues around race relations.
Session dates are listed below and all are hosted virtually from 6:30 – 7:30 PM:
Teen Triple P Discussion Groups!
Teen Triple P Discussion Groups are now offered by Tempe Community Council! Traditionally, Teen Triple P Discussion Groups are a series of in-person parent discussions on commonly encountered problems to facilitate the discussion of positive parenting principles and host topic-specific discussions.
We know parenting during a global pandemic sometimes feels impossible. To provide support for parents of teenagers during these uncertain times, Online Teen Triple P Drop-In Discussion Groups will be held weekly on Thursday evenings from 7:30– 8:30 pm, and you can attend whichever sessions are most convenient for you. We do recommend pre-registering for a discussion to be notified of any changes.
- To register for an online discussion drop-in visit this weblink
- City of Tempe weblink: https://www.tempe.gov/
government/human-services/ family-community-support/ family-community-support- resources/triple-p/parent- support-during-covid-19
- To join the Teen Triple P offered by the Tempe Community Council Facebook group here - weblink.
- Lastly, a weblink to the Parenting in a Pandemic podcast from Triple P founder, Dr. Matt Sanders.
Virtual College Connect
College Connect Tempe is still here to help parents and students navigate the college exploration and application process:
- Connect to college advisors and virtual events
- Explore your career options
- Get help with financial aid and FAFSA
- Find and apply for scholarships
- Learn about application and admissions
- Get access to past workshops and presentations
- See flyer - PDF