Parent Workshops & Events
Please check back for workshops and events. We will post information here throughout the school year as they become available.
Teen Triple P Discussion Groups!
Teen Triple P Discussion Groups are now offered by Tempe Community Council! Traditionally, Teen Triple P Discussion Groups are a series of in-person parent discussions on commonly encountered problems to facilitate the discussion of positive parenting principles and host topic-specific discussions.
We know parenting during a global pandemic sometimes feels impossible. To provide support for parents of teenagers during these uncertain times, Online Teen Triple P Drop-In Discussion Groups will be held weekly on Thursday evenings from 7:30– 8:30 pm, and you can attend whichever sessions are most convenient for you. We do recommend pre-registering for a discussion to be notified of any changes.
- To register for an online discussion drop-in visit this weblink
- City of Tempe weblink: https://www.tempe.gov/
government/human-services/ family-community-support/ family-community-support- resources/triple-p/parent- support-during-covid-19
- To join the Teen Triple P offered by the Tempe Community Council Facebook group here - weblink.
- Lastly, a weblink to the Parenting in a Pandemic podcast from Triple P founder, Dr. Matt Sanders.
HBCU Virtual College Fair
- Wed. October 28, 2020
- 6:30 – 8:30 PM PT
- Hosted through Zoom, which should be accessible via computer, tablet, and smart device.
- HBCU Virtual College Fair flyer - PDF
Tempe Union students are invited to explore opportunities at some of the nation's Best-In-Class Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
Virtual College Connect
College Connect Tempe is still here to help parents and students navigate the college exploration and application process:
- Connect to college advisors and virtual events
- Explore your career options
- Get help with financial aid and FAFSA
- Find and apply for scholarships
- Learn about application and admissions
- Get access to past workshops and presentations
- See flyer - PDF