Athletics & Activities
We offer 23 athletic programs, including a wide variety of sports for girls and boys. Offerings include badminton (girls), baseball, basketball (boys and girls), cheer/spirit line, cross country (boys and girls), flag football (girls), football (boys), golf (boys and girls), pompon (on some campuses), sand volleyball (girls), soccer (girls and boys), softball, swimming (boys and girls), tennis (boys and girls), track & field (boys and girls), volleyball (boys and girls) and wrestling.
Our schools boast numerous team and individual state and regional championships, and many of our coaches have been recognized statewide and nationally for their excellence.
To be eligible to participate in school-sponsored Athletics, Band, and Cheer, a student must be registered as a full-time TUHSD student (minimum of five classes or four if a senior is on track to graduate).
Athletes will be required to:
- Complete the registration at Aktivate
- Have health insurance or purchase school offered insurance
- Meet all grade eligibility requirements in all courses in which he/she is enrolled
Each student is sure to find an activity to interest him or her among the wide variety of clubs, organizations, and extracurricular activities at our schools. Approximately 80 percent of our students participate in some type of extracurricular activity, ranging from Auto Club to Chess to Hiking Club or Student Council. Each school offers its own mix of subject-related clubs, student government and service organizations, and personal interest and hobby-related activities.
A minimum of five students can form a club by recruiting a faculty sponsor and having a constitution and charter application approved by the school's student council and administration.
- Student Athletic Passes: $25 Sold at the Bookstore ONLY
TUHSD 2023 BAG GUIDELINES
Athletics & Activities – Forms & Resources
- 23-24 Weekly Grade Check Ineligible Dates - PDF
- Tempe Union Parent & Student Athletic Handbook - PDF
- AIA Bylaws; Article 15. Student Eligibility Rules
- NCAA Eligibility Website
- AIA Headstrong Program Guide - PDF
- AIA Headstrong Claim Form - PDF
- Coaching Certification Requirements - PDF
- Student Accident Insurance Online Enrollment Information - PDF
- Other Insurance Questionnaire - PDF
- College-Bound Student-Athlete
- Medication Guideline Policy - PDF
- (NEW 3/1/23) 2023-2024 Annual Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Form - PDF - Must be uploaded to the Parent/Guardian account on Register My Athlete. (First page to be filled out by the appropriate healthcare professional. Pages labeled 1-3 to be filled out by the parent/guardian and student-athlete.)
- (NEW 3/1/23) 2023-2024 Consent to Treat Form - PDF
- Tempe All-City - Outstanding Athlete Award of Excellence Form - PDF
- Additional AIA forms can be found on AIA's website: http://aiaonline.org/about/forms
- Fees & Payment Information
Please download interactive pdfs to your desktop and fill them out in Adobe Reader. Download the current version of Adobe Reader to enable the save as feature. Filling out a form in an internet browser window will NOT save your content. Word documents will download to your desktop to be opened in a Microsoft Word application to enable the save as feature.
Athletics and Activities Contact
Assistant Superintendent for District Operations, Safety & Student Support
480-839-0292 x11018Executive Assistant480-839-0292 x11014
Director of Athletics and Activities
- CdS: Athletics Office | Activities Office
- DV: Athletics Office | Activities Office
- MdN: Athletics Office | Activities Office
- MHS: Athletics Office | Activities Office
- MP: Athletics Office | Activities Office
- THS: Athletics Office | Activities Office
Banner Health Athletic Trainers