Athletics & Activities
AthleticsWe offer 22 athletic programs, including a wide variety of sports for girls and boys. Offerings include badminton (girls), baseball, basketball (boys and girls), cheer/spirit-line, cross country (boys and girls), football, golf (boys and girls), pompon (on some campuses), sand volleyball (girls), soccer (girls and boys), softball, swimming (boys and girls), tennis (boys and girls), track & field (boys and girls), volleyball (boys and girls) and wrestling.Our schools boast numerous team and individual state and regional championships, and many of our coaches have been recognized statewide and nationally for their excellence.
To be eligible to participate in school-sponsored athletics, a student must have written parent permission, a certified birth certificate (not a copy) or a passport must be presented to the Athletics department (where a copy will be made on-site), and watch the NFHS Sport and Activities-Know the Risks video, have passed the A.I.A. Brainbook course with an 80% or better, a physical examination, be seen by the School Athletic Trainer for IMPACT Testing, have health insurance or purchase school offered insurance, enrollment in a minimum of five classes (four if a senior on track to graduate), and have passing grades in all courses in which he/she is enrolled.
Each student is sure to find an activity to interest him or her among the wide variety of clubs, organizations and extracurricular activities at our schools. Approximately 80 percent of our students participate in some type of extracurricular activity, ranging from Auto Club to Chess to Hiking Club or Student Council. Each school offers its own mix of subject-related clubs, student government and service organizations, and personal interest and hobby-related activities.
A minimum of five students can form a club by recruiting a faculty sponsor and having a constitution and charter application approved by the school's student council and administration.
Forms & Resources
- 2017 – 2018 Tempe Union Parent Athletic Handbook
- 2017 - 2018 Coaches certification requirements with Spirit Line
- AIA Bylaws; Article 15. Student Eligibility Rules
- NCAA Eligibility Website
- AIA Headstrong Program Guide
- AIA Headstrong Claim Form
- Other Insurance Questionnaire
- College Bound Student Athlete
- Medication Guideline Policy
- Form 15.7-A Annual Preparticipation Physical EVALUATION Must be submitted to the school student is attending. (To be filled out by the parent or guardian and student athlete)
- Form 15.7-B Annual Preparticipation Physical EXAMINATION Must be submitted to the school student is attending. (To be filled out by the appropriate healthcare professional)
- Form 15.7-C Annual Preparticipation ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
- Tempe All City - Outstanding Athlete Award of Excellence Form
- Additional AIA forms can be found on AIA's website: http://aiaonline.org/about/forms
- TUHSD Mandatory Reporting Obligations - PDF
- TUHSD CPS Form - fillable PDF - Please save to desktop to enable the interactive feature.
- Fees & Payment Information