FALL 2020 College Placement Reading Test for Freshmen and Sophomores
Underclassmen planning on taking a Dual Enrollment course need to take the Reading Test from Rio Salado in order to complete their registration process. Originally, this test was going to be given to those students this fall; but due to COVID-19 that is not possible. However, Rio Salado College is offering an online test for students to take at home to fulfill this requirement.
Steps for students to complete
- Begin the Registration process at Rio. Please follow the directions here: DE Registration Steps.pdf. You need to be admitted to Rio Salado BEFORE you can take this test online.
- Students must complete the portion in order to receive their Maricopa Student ID number. This is an 8 digit number generated by Rio Salado. It is NOT their Corona del Sol school ID. They will also receive their MEID number. Please
- keep both numbers safe and secure.
- The Ed Ready student guide is also linked here.
- Students will select the Reading test.
Earn an Associate in Arts (AA) or Arizona General Education Certificate (AGEC A) at Corona del Sol.Rio Salado dual enrollment allows students the opportunity to earn college credit for specific college-level courses taught at Corona del Sol during regular school hours. Seniors, juniors, qualified sophomores and freshmen taking dual enrollment classes are eligible to enroll.
Rio Salado Virtual Office Hours
If you are in need of help with Dual Enrollment registration, Rio is offering Zoom Virtual Office Hours. Feel free to click and join on one of these days to ask your questions and get help.Thursday, September 10th2:30pm-3:30pmJoin Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/91064400255?
pwd= UkVMKzFPT3Z0bzJySnE2REpUbGdWQT 09ID: 91064400255Password: j6XdHZZIJLTuesday, September 15th2:30pm-3:30pmJoin Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/96094343394? pwd= UkhwYmxocTNOdE9WKytvVVNLSWtBZz 09
Meeting ID: 960 9434 3394
Wednesday, September 16th
Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/95009147411?
pwd= Q0lzRnZkcUhCK3dsRWhhMGZZWGhJZz 09
Meeting ID: 950 0914 7411
Thursday, September 17th
Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/96971896164?
pwd= OUZPS2YyWFVEUDlvalNJK1pZSVFtdz 09
Meeting ID: 969 7189 6164
CdS & Rio Salado Dual Enrollment Contacts & Resources
Dual Enrollment CounselorsFor advisement (class choices, degrees, etc) students will see their assigned counselors.
CdS Counseling Department
Counseling Office:Phone: (480) 752-8776Anika HutchinsonRio Salado Dual Enrollment Coordinator(480) 517-8080
Office Hours: Tuesday's during both lunches through 9/25
Cashier's Office:Phone: (480) 517-8334Fax: (480) 517-8359Financial Aid Dept:Phone: (480) 517-8311