Important Announcement: Dual Enrollment 2020
Rio Salado College has communicated to Tempe Union High School District that students will need to keep up with the online work that will be provided by their Dual Enrollment teacher. As of March 23rd, Rio Salado College Dual Enrollment Instructors will have temporary access to the online college version of the in-person course that they are teaching. This will ensure students have some level of continuity by providing college-level resources and materials. More information will be provided here as it becomes available.
If you have any questions, please contact your school's Dual Enrollment counselor.
Updated Spring 2020 Testing Information for Freshmen
Freshmen planning on taking either Honors Biology or Honors World History need to take the Reading Test from Rio Salado in order to complete their registration process. Originally, this test was going to be given to those students this spring; but due to COVID-19 that is not possible. However, Rio Salado College is offering an online test for students to take at home to fulfill this requirement.
Steps for students to complete
- Begin the Registration process at Rio. Please follow the directions here: DE Registration Steps.pdf. You need to be admitted to Rio Salado BEFORE you can take this test online.
- Students must complete the portion in order to receive their Maricopa Student ID number. This is an 8 digit number generated by Rio Salado. It is NOT their Corona del Sol school ID. They will also receive their MEID number. Please
- keep both numbers safe and secure.
- The Ed Ready student guide is also linked here.
- Students will select the Reading test.
- Students will NOT be able to register for classes in the fall, at this point. However, completing these steps will greatly assist the process in the fall.
Earn an Associate in Arts (AA) or Arizona General Education Certificate (AGEC A) at Corona del Sol.Rio Salado dual enrollment allows students the opportunity to earn college credit for specific college-level courses taught at Corona del Sol during regular school hours. Seniors, juniors, qualified sophomores and freshmen taking dual enrollment classes are eligible to enroll.
CdS & Rio Salado Dual Enrollment Contacts & Resources
Dual Enrollment CounselorsFor advisement (class choices, degrees, etc) students will see their assigned counselors.
CdS Counseling Department
Counseling Office:Phone: (480) 752-8776Anika HutchinsonRio Salado Dual Enrollment Coordinator(480) 517-8080
Office Hours: Tuesday's during both lunches through 9/25
Cashier's Office:Phone: (480) 517-8334Fax: (480) 517-8359Financial Aid Dept:Phone: (480) 517-8311Rio Salado Dual Enrollment Online Registration Process
Placement Testing Link:
All first-time math students, students taking ENG101, and freshmen/sophomores who have not taken the 10th grade AIMS Reading or the PSAT must take a placement test.