Dual Enrollment Tuition Assistance
All Dual Enrollment families and students are invited to attend to learn about Tuition Assistance and how to apply! The workshop will take place on Wednesday, April 16th from 6:30-7:30pm. The application is due by May 31st and eligibilty is based on financial need, so don't miss out on this opportunity!
FALL 2020 College Placement Reading Test for Freshmen and Sophomores
Underclassmen planning on taking a Dual Enrollment course need to take the Reading Test from Rio Salado in order to complete their registration process. Originally, this test was going to be given to those students this fall; but due to COVID-19 that is not possible. However, Rio Salado College is offering an online test for students to take at home to fulfill this requirement.
Steps for students to complete
- Begin the Registration process at Rio. Please follow the directions here: DE Registration Steps.pdf. You need to be admitted to Rio Salado BEFORE you can take this test online.
- Students must complete the portion in order to receive their Maricopa Student ID number. This is an 8 digit number generated by Rio Salado. It is NOT their Corona del Sol school ID. They will also receive their MEID number. Please
- keep both numbers safe and secure.
- The Ed Ready student guide is also linked here.
- Students will select the Reading test.
Earn an Associate in Arts (AA) or Arizona General Education Certificate (AGEC A) at Corona del Sol.Rio Salado dual enrollment allows students the opportunity to earn college credit for specific college-level courses taught at Corona del Sol during regular school hours. Seniors, juniors, qualified sophomores and freshmen taking dual enrollment classes are eligible to enroll.
CdS & Rio Salado Dual Enrollment Contacts & Resources
Visit the Rio Salado Dual Enrollment webpage for more information!Leah FlemingDawn Schmidt
Dual Enrollment CounselorsFor advisement (class choices, degrees, etc) students will see their assigned counselors.
CdS Counseling Department
Counseling Office:Phone: (480) 752-8776Claudia BermudezRio Salado Dual Enrollment CoordinatorCashier's Office:Phone: (480) 517-8334Fax: (480) 517-8359Financial Aid Dept:Phone: (480) 517-8311