Start earning credits towards an Associate in Art Degree (AA) or Arizona General Education Certificate (AGEC A) at Marcos de Niza HS.
Rio Salado dual enrollment allows students the opportunity to earn college credit for specific college-level courses taught at Marcos de Niza during regular school hours. All students taking dual enrollment classes are eligible to enroll.
Fall Registration Information for 2017-18 School Year:
- Students will receive registration information from their teachers on Tuesday, August 8th.
- Students follow the registration steps on the RIO flyer . Effective fall 2017, students will enroll themselves in their Rio Dual Enrollment Classes via their online student center rather than turning in paper packets at the high school. The MdN dual registration deadline has been extended to Friday, September 15, 2017.
- Most dual enrollment courses require a college placement test. MdN will test students on Monday, August 21st in the library. Please complete the MdN Accuplacer Registration Form by August 14th to reserve a test spot.
Spring Registration Information for 2017-18 School Year:
- If you are currently taking a Fall 2017 class through Rio Salado College's Dual Enrollment Program, you can enroll in your Spring 2018 classes by adding the classes in your online Student Center. Please click here to access your school's dual enrollment course list so that you can identify the section numbers of your classes.
- If you are a new student for the Spring 2018 semester (meaning, you have not taken any classes with Rio Salado College before), please click here and complete steps 1 through 5.
- If you would like assistance with enrolling via phone, please call 480-384-9995. You can also visit our Student Services Department at RIO Salado College in-person or get assistance from the Rio Salado College Coordinator assigned to your school,
- Payment is due upon registration. Students will be dropped every Monday for nonpayment starting January 8th. The priority registration deadline for spring semester courses is January 16th.
Other Registration Information
- Tuition Assistance – Students who applied for financial assistance last spring have been notified of their status. If students applied after the deadline and met the qualifications, they were put on the waitlist but are not guaranteed tuition assistance (depends on available funding).