MP Special Medical Needs
It is Mountain Pointe's goal to provide each student with the maximum learning opportunities within a minimally restrictive environment. All medical conditions that may impair your student's ability to perform in class must be reported to the school and Nurse. This information will help them improve the student's ability to perform in the classroom and reduce feelings of difference among their peers.
Conditions that may (but are not limited to) impact learning include:
- Acute injury or illness
- ADD/ADHD/Learning Disorders
- Psychological concerns
- Vision/Hearing impairment
Ongoing communication between parents, students, and staff is vital to a student's success at Mountain Pointe High School. We believe incredibly in building relationships with our students and it is important that all personnel coming into contact with a student be aware of any accommodations that a student may need. A team approach involving any appropriate personnel is used in providing the best learning experience for students. The school Nurse's role is to coordinate the care between home and school. Please contact the School Nurse for assistance.
Special Education Resources & Forms
Chronic Health Conditions
- Exclusions and Exemptions from School Attendance - Regulations JHD-R - PDF
- Exclusions and Exemptions from School Attendance Fillable Form - PDF
- Chronic Health Conditions Medical Certification of Excessive Absence Due to Chronic Health Problems - Fillable Form - PDF
- Instructional Agreement for Students with Medical Certificate of Absence Due to Chronic Health Problems - Fillable Form - PDF
Please download interactive pdfs to your desktop and fill out in Adobe Reader (current version) to enable the save as feature. Filling out a form in an internet browser window will NOT save your content.