Information Literacy UnitActivity 5: Copy and PastePre-ActivitySo far, you should have the following items in your packet.
WARNING: AVOID PLAGIARISMThe ability to copy and paste is not permission to plagiarize. It is simply a tool to help you locate information you need.
- worksheet with your keyword search strategy and stamps (hard copy)
- encyclopedia article saved in folder
- periodical article from a subscription database in email or drive
- book and/or ebook
- word document called Works Cited or Bibliography in your folder that you have not yet printed out with bibliographic citations from 4 or more sources
Activity 5: Copying and pasting evaluation formsOccasionally you will find some great information, but it will be in a very long article andyou only want a paragraph here and there. Or, you may find an article that denies you privileges."Copy" and "paste" is a quick and easy way to get around these problems.You are now ready to begin your activity.
- If you quote the information directly, you must use quotation marks and cite the source.
- If you paraphrase or summarize the information, you still must give credit and cite the source.
- In good research, it is very important to show where you found your information and to give credit to the source.
- Download the CRAAP Evaluation Instrument from the link below if you have not received a hard copy from the librarian
2. Print this form, which will be used throughout Activities 6, 7 and 8.
3. When you have a hard copy in your hand, you may go on to Activity 6.
You are now ready to move on to Activity 6: The Evaluation Instrument