C-SPAN Bus stops by Tempe on Southern Swing national tour
The C-SPAN Bus, partnering with Cox Communications, visited McClintock High School to engage students, teachers, community members.
Several McClintock High School Film & TV and AP Government students had the opportunity to tour the high-tech, interactive C-SPAN bus, fit with a 360-degree video station, a smart TV and a high-definition TV production studio for taped and live programming.
Representatives discussed C-SPAN's in-depth coverage of the American political process and comprehensive online educational resources, including C-SPAN.org – an extensive video library containing close to 250,000 hours of searchable content for viewing, research and education purposes.
Arizona State Representative Isela Blanc also boarded the bus, speaking to several government students as they explored C-SPANs vast video library.
The nationally recognized 45-foot customized C-SPAN Bus is on a “Southern Swing,” traveling for eight weeks through Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona.
The bus, which is worth over $1.3 million, includes:
- Access to an exclusive interactive experience available on 11 large-screen tablets featuring C-SPAN programming and myriad of political and educational resources
- A smart TV and classroom area for conversations with students and teachers
- A high-definition TV production studio for taped and live programming
- A 360-degree video station featuring C-SPAN’s unfiltered coverage of high-profile events and insightful, behind-the-scenes tours of U.S. landmarks
- A D.C.-themed selfie station where visitors can share their Bus experiences through social media